Wakefield Park

Started by John A Pucak, June 28, 2010, 09:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John A Pucak

Any one doing a report or pics from last weekends Wakefield meeting?

NigelC

I'll post some more pics tomorrow but here's one from the arse end of the field.  p.s. theat pesky MX5 passed me in the fish-hook when I cleverly changed from 4th into 4th again (Doh!) but I snatched the spot back on the turn onto the straight just before the checkered flag. 

I believe the guys up front had a good race but it was too far away for me to see. I was 4 seconds per lap quicker this time than when I drove earlier this year without changing anything on the car - just getting more quality time behind the wheel and some expert tuition from Hollywood.

I thought the MX5 match with the Alfas was a good one and it clearly shows how advanced the engineering in the 105s and Alfettas was when compared with a relatively modern machine.
Current 2017 Giulia Veloce - Red
Current 1979 Alfa GTV - Ivory (Gp S racer)
Past 2007 Alfa 159 2.2 JTS Rubino Red
Past 2003 Alfa 156 2.0 JTS Red
Past 1979 Alfa GTV Red/Rust

John A Pucak

Hi Nigel, you say you were 4 secs a lap quicker.
Did you change the front suspension settings since the 1 Hour at Eastern Creek?

Hollywood

Enforcer

Good time had by all except Stuart "The Doorman" Baillie who looks like he has spun a bearing (at least it was not a gearbox problem!) while he was in second (after a monster move from 4th into the last corner) battling Paul Murray and Brad "The Iceman" Wilson in the trophy race.

Yours truly "The Enforcer" won the trophy race after trailing Paul Murray for a couple of laps after he clearly jumped the start, nothing to do with my ability to get the 105 off the line. Battle for second was HOT HOT HOT, looked up after coming onto the main straight at one point and saw six headlights side by side coming out of the last corner! Final result: Magoffin, Wilson, Murray.

Sharing with the MX-5's was OK but they do tend to have a few "offs", anyway, it mixes it up. No reports of panel damage and everybody seemed to be smiling.

Good to see some of the newer non  regular runners like Nigel, Greg Russell, Ken McKay and Richard Mckee in the action.

Pretty cold start and cars did not want to fire. First race was pretty slippery.
73 Nc 2000 GTV
77 GTV Race
76 Gp C A'Delta GTAm 3 x HF 1000
68 GTV
76 GTAm
12 Giulietta QV Race
74 2L Berlina A
75 GTV
75 Spider
85 GTV6
89/75 TS x 3
70 Fairlane