Hi from the UK, soon to be in Melbourne with my ALFA GT

Started by deanogtv, June 07, 2010, 10:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanogtv

Hi

I'm hoping to finalise our move to your great sores this week. I'm currently running a 2005 2lt GT here in the uk and soon she will be prep'ed to board a container to arrive a few weeks after we arrive in Melbourne.
I've had a look around the site and it seems like I'll be spending quite a bit of time on here with you guys. We are currently looking to live around the Frankson area so if anyones on here from there we'll have to hook up some time.

Below is a snap of our bella, I'm sure she is looking forward to your kind wheather as much as we are:

I'm sure she is looking forward to your kind wheather as much as we are. Would be good to hear from any other GT owners in the area.

Cheers

Deano

John Hanslow

Welcome.

We had a drive through the hills recently and a coulpe of GT's were there.  Come to a club night & keep eye on club calendar when everything settles down.

Cheers.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

MD

Welcome Deano.

After you get sick of the Melbourne weather (my estimation that should be in around 13 minutes) please take a drive to God's own country that abounds in sunshine and good weather- Queensland.  :)
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

franck

deano, dont go to either one, qld too hot, your english  skin will end like a hand bag, and in vic apart from the weather your license will last 13 mins, nsw is the pick......then again stay where you are at least you can find good weather, cote D'azure, and when the need for speed comes around shoot across to the great autobahns ;D

italmum

Hi Deano,

We are from the frankston area, i suggest you take a drive up to arthurs seat when you arrive :) very nice drive
Past - 1979 Red Alfetta 2000
Present- 2001 Red 156 Monza (avalaible for sale if anyone is interested, but not too sad if she stays)
Unfortunate Present - 08 60th anniversary commodore Black (damn u new car seat rules!!)

Barry Edmunds

Deano
Look forward to seeing you join us soon.
Don't be sucked in by those suggesting you go to Queensland. Nothing more boring than endless days of sunshine with the occasional cyclone (and lots of rain) thrown in for a bit of variety.
At least with its changeable weather Victoria does offer some variety.
No matter where you decide to settle be assured that you will be made very welcome.
Barry

lombardi

---------NO PUN INTENDED-BUT WHY MOVE FROM EUROPE-MUST BE THE MIGHTY $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
forza lazio,viva l'alfa

Current Alfa=

Giulietta 2015 QV manual Ghiaccio

1974 Spider series 2 ,carabinieri blu

Previous Alfas=

33x4 1985 wagon
33 ti 1985
156 sportswagon manual red
Alfetta sportiva 1981 red
166 silver 1999

Balocco

Hi deano,that is one seriously great looking Alfa you have,and may I say that you ,and your family and of course your gorgeous Alfa are very welcome to our part of the world,no matter where in Australia you wish to live,you will find the Alfa community to be very helpful and accomodating. Cheers and welcome to Australia. Joe
Present
1971 Giulia Super
1975 2000 GTV Automatic
!975 Citroen DS 23 Pallas

Past
1967 Giulia Super bollino d'oro
1970 1750 Berlina
1974 Alfetta 1.8 sedan
1986 Alfa 90 2.5

Davidm1600

Quote from: franck on June 08, 2010, 08:18:04 PM
deano, dont go to either one, qld too hot, your english  skin will end like a hand bag, and in vic apart from the weather your license will last 13 mins, nsw is the pick......then again stay where you are at least you can find good weather, cote D'azure, and when the need for speed comes around shoot across to the great autobahns ;D

And once you have seen the rest come to the best, afterall all Aussies know the best Alfa roads are down here in Tassie, and given that parts of the place look like the UK, you would feel right at home.  ;D

Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Brad M

Quote from: Davidm1750 on June 28, 2010, 06:45:16 PM
you would feel right at home.
Sort of defeating the purpose I'd expect. :)  Welcome Deano!

David has a point though, if you are feeling homesick Tassie is a lot closer than flying back to old blighty :)
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

MD

The lack of response from Deano would suggest a change of heart and he's now going to NZ ?  :)
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0