Gdday everyone

Started by ozchips, June 21, 2010, 11:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozchips

Well just bought a second run around car as my old 54 austin a30 is no good to use where we have now moved .
anyway instead of buying safe + reliable = boring . We decided a runaround does not have to be a piece of shite and bought an 01 156 selespeed twinspark .
Absolutely a beaut of a car for the amount of money spent . I have read of the advatages and disadvatages , but decided that extra expense is well worth a car that is actually fun and exciting to drive .
  I have been using forums for info since the interent was invented lol  , and am well known in technology circles and other forums
I certainly hope to be of some use here in the future
anyway located in Lowood west of Ipswich and Brisbane in QLD

Balocco

Hi there fellow Alfisti,or Alfa addicts. ahem, my name is joe. my first involvement with Alfas was way back in 1966,when as a young guy I worked for MW Motors,in Melbourne,in the spare parts section of their Sevice Centre in Leicester Street Carlton. That's when my ongoing Alfa virus started,I purchased my first Alfa in 1979,A nice 1967 Verde Muschio Giulia Super,followed by various other Alfas and Fiats,including two 124 sedans,one of them a 124 Special T,and also at least six other Alfas,with a 1750 Berllina ,an Alfetta 1800 sedan,an Alfa 90,a 2000GTV Automatic,and finally another Giulia Super,in between those there was also a Subaru Liberty Rallye, a lapse of judgement,and what was I thinking ?  These days all I have left is the 2000GTV Auto,and the 1971 Giulia Super. I should also mention my love affair with my Citroen DS 23 Pallas,a car that has nothing in common with Alfas or any other car. Hope to get to know other members of this Forum to share ideas and a common love and respect for a true Italian icon that is Alfa Romeo.  Cheers everyone JOE
Present
1971 Giulia Super
1975 2000 GTV Automatic
!975 Citroen DS 23 Pallas

Past
1967 Giulia Super bollino d'oro
1970 1750 Berlina
1974 Alfetta 1.8 sedan
1986 Alfa 90 2.5

minipete

Welcome to the forum guys.  I am relatively new here too.  It's a great way to share info.

On the French car side I must admit to being a big fan of the Renault 16TS.  One of the most amazingly complete cars I have ever driven.  Not sporty like the Alfa but it does everything really really well.  I use one as a daily driver and it is bulletproof.

Pete
83 Giulietta

Barry Edmunds

Pete
I have a full set of body mouldings and wheela rch trims for Giulietta if you fancy dressing up yours
Barry

minipete

Thanks Barry but I like it standard.

Pete