Europe Trip (Pt 1) ... we've arrived!

Started by Victor Lee, June 19, 2010, 07:44:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor Lee

For some Victorian Alfisti, the journey to Europe started several weeks ago.  For others, it only started in the past few days.

Today everyone met together for this first time. We picked up our brand spanking new 1.4lt manual Alfa MiTo's from the car hire place in Leige, Belgium, before the short drive to our hotel in Spa.  Some like Bruno and Gary had already done some left hand driving on their trip already so it was easy for them.  For others like myself, Vin, Peter had a slightly steeper learning curve with our wives in the passenger seat calling out "too close to the kerb" or "watch left"!

Tonight we had a nice dinner at the hotel and looking forward to participating with the other Italian marques at the annual SpaItalia meeting at the Spa Francorchamps circuit.  See: http://www.spaitalia.be/

Cheers

Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

Frank Musco

G'Day from Musco,

Wish I was there with you, obviously having a great time. Although, Victor, I think you know seeing all those cars lined up, I'd be convincing everyone to stick some numbers on them, know what I mean... 

Keep the photos coming.

Cheers
Frank.

P.S:  Don't they paint Alfas green anymore? 

aggie57

Hi Vic - nice group photo.  Good to see you've all got down to some serious eating and drinking already!

You all have a wonderful time and keep the updates coming.

Alister
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

Barry Edmunds

Victor

Keep the updates coming. Pleased to see you are upholding Aus tradition by eating and drinking.

I doubt if Italy will ever be the same again.

GTV6SA

been in Italy for 3 weeks and seen many rare Alfas including 1 offs which include a 1.5 16v GTa only 2 made by Autodelta, 16v alfetta Grp 2 rally car  in private collection.Also have seen new GTam head cast by Ferarri foundry for Museo Gtam, there were more than 10 GTA,s at Monza for intereuropa cup including competizione Daytonas,sz,s tz1 etc. My bus associates are currently trying to "fire up one of the v10 164.s at the museo. looking forward to see how many Aussies arrive next week. now researching material for future Turbodelta GTV Grp. 4 book.