Photos of just GTV 105's

Started by Silver105, June 14, 2010, 11:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwiboy105

Cheers Polyal.  There is a LM Blue car here in QLD that has the black interior and looks fabulous.  The owner races it regularly.  Looking at your initial introduction post, you have some work to do, but I think that is half the enjoyment of owning these cars!  All the best with the project.  ;)
"You are not a true petrolhead until you've owned an Alfa" - J Clarkson

EZEE

Hi to all,

I haven't spent much time on here due to work comittments this last month but today I am relaxing and thought I would post some shots of my latest addition - a 1973 2 litre GTV. Some of the shots were professionally taken by the previous owner, I took the rest on the iphone when we got it and then again this week once I got the Momo Vega's put on - even took it to work on Thursday in the rain, a joy to drive. Haven't spent too time on it yet but wanted the new wheels on asap. Looks a little high to me but...we'll see.

I got reasonable history with the car, body was redone some 10 yrs ago by the looks of it - and a pile of mechanical receipts dating back some 7 years. It is very tidy, needs some cosmetic type work though but mechanically very, very good.

All the best to everyone for Xmas and thanks for the keeping the forum alive.

Cheers

Emmanuel

Kiwiboy105

Nice little car Ezee!  Everything looks in pretty good nick.  I'm sure she'll give you plenty of driving pleasure. ;)
"You are not a true petrolhead until you've owned an Alfa" - J Clarkson

EZEE

This thread has been very quiet....are there no 105 GTVs changing hands?

Anyway here is another new addition recently acquired. Picked it up from an elderly gent from Central Coast NSW, he had owned it 27 years. I haven't taken anymore pics yet, will add when I do.......mag wheels aren't staying (they will be for sale), going back to the original wheels that came with the car. Most of you know the colour is Piper Yellow. Model year is 1972, 2litre.

Car is very solid and well kept, though paint has some blistering (not rust related but still...) everything else is in good to great condition.

Cheers

Emmanuel

EZEE

now here are the photos that should have been on the previous post but I had forgotten to resize....!

aggie57

Quote from: EZEE on March 28, 2012, 08:27:30 PM
This thread has been very quiet....are there no 105 GTVs changing hands?

Anyway here is another new addition recently acquired. Picked it up from an elderly gent from Central Coast NSW, he had owned it 27 years. I haven't taken anymore pics yet, will add when I do.......mag wheels aren't staying (they will be for sale), going back to the original wheels that came with the car. Most of you know the colour is Piper Yellow. Model year is 1972, 2litre.

Car is very solid and well kept, though paint has some blistering (not rust related but still...) everything else is in good to great condition.

Cheers

Emmanuel

Nice car Emmanuel!  And a great period colour for these cars.  I'm a real fan of the period colours for these cars.  Some of the Montreal ones challenge us now but the 105 coupes like this one look great.  It's amazing how many colours Alfa offered, not all of which came to Australia of course.
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

EZEE

Thanks,

agree totally mate - I love the period colours in fact, true some might not work on todays cars but we have to accept the choices of the era, these are products of their time after all. Some of the period colours I saw at last weeks show in Essen proved they weren't shy in their time.......

I love the Montreal in orange though.........

I notice the latest Porsches, Mercs, BM's et al offering metallic browns as an example - again a period colour in my book. So who knows...?

Lets try and get more people to list their 105 Coupes...always intersting to see colour combos, individual set ups etc..

EZ

EZEE

Thought I'd share some pics of the latest addition, a 1974 Prugna GTV.....well looked after

LaStregaNera

Mine, home from paint - just got to put her together!
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

DaveT

I recently stumbled upon your thread on Performance Forums, awesome and inspirational. A heck of a lot of love, skill and hard work has gone into this car.

Post more photos, I could look at it all day!
DaveT & Bertie - 67 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce

Previous belligerent Italians:
92 Alfa 164
72 BS Fiat Spider
69 Fiat 124 AC Coupe
70 Fiat 124 BC Coupe

Davidm1600

Not my car, but have kept an eye on it for many years.  It belongs to a guy I know who used it as his Targa Tas car, until he built up a newer one. This one got canabalised but just sits in my mechanic's workshop.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

aggie57

Quote from: Davidm1750 on May 15, 2012, 01:17:52 PM
Not my car, but have kept an eye on it for many years.  It belongs to a guy I know who used it as his Targa Tas car, until he built up a newer one. This one got canabalised but just sits in my mechanic's workshop.

Sad sad sad.  I'm sure Mr Pancho would love to sell a new owner all the missing parts to put this one back on the road!
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM

Davidm1600

I agree, hence have been keeping an eye on it.  It is well known down here, and if you saw any of the early Targa videos there is footage of this car.  The owner hasn't been well (big C) amongst many things and had a messy divorce etc. His new race car sits on the hoist next to this one, it too has been there for quite a few years.  I don't know what his plans are for the GT Veloce, but as a shell whilst tired, it still is log booked, and has a 1/2 alloy cage, and thankfully much of the original jewelry.  It certainly could be rebuilt.  See another pic of it from the rear.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

aggie57

Hope someone picks them up at some stage and gets them on the road again but must wish the owner the very best as well.  Most of us have had friends go through that.  

Funny though isnt it how those early targa cars are starting to pop up more often these days.  The event really has a history of its own these days.
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977.