AROCA-BABYCO 6 hr Relay at Winton 27-28 October 2007

Started by Neil Choi, March 19, 2007, 08:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Trev

Quote from: Neil Choi on October 18, 2007, 09:35:12 PMCome on up and enjoy and see an Alfa team win the event.
Steady on Neil, you wouldn't want to be accused of race fixing now would you -  :D :D :D

ian bennett

hi neil
sorry to bother you again
could you let me know  when the tem managers kit will be available
also our garage number
ian

Evan Bottcher

Okay - currently 7 day forecast in Benalla shows next Saturday as Sunny 27 degrees.  Sounds good!

http://weather.theage.com.au/local.jsp?lt=aploc&lc=8143
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Big Trev

The weather looks fantastic.

Note to self: take plenty of fluids, its get bloody hot in the car  ;)

Neil Choi

Hi there all

The Managers Kit has just be emailed out to all entrants and officials.

If you have not received it due to being left off mailing list, or the email bounced or whatever reason and you need or must have it, please email me and I will send it to you.

neil_choi@optusnet.com.au or compsec@alfaclubvic.org.au

Regards
Neil

Evan Bottcher

uh oh

Saturday
Windy
Min: 12°C Max: 29°C

Sunday
Showers
Min: 14°C Max: 26°C
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Big Trev

I just noticed the same thing Evan - bugger, we can only hope it doesn't rain until Monday.  ::)

Brett

Big Trev

Yeah, good call Brett, we are fortunate enough to have some treaded tyres as well.

Gary Pearce

Good luck and safe racing  to all our AROC team members. I'm very envious.....see you next year.
Latest forecast showers moing in from the west late Sunday. Saturday 29 Sunday 25. Benalla hotter.
1966 Giulia GTC
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
1974 Metalic Green Montreal
1966 Giulia Super Blue
1980 Mazda B1800
1989 MX5
2013 MB C250 Coupe

Sheldon McIntosh

Just got back, and what a fantastic event, and a great weekend had by all.  No incidents on the track, I don't think the safety car was deployed once during the event.

It started raining about an hour and a half before the start, but stopped about 30 minutes before.  track was wet for the start, but a dry line appeared within    30 minutes.  I did the last stint for our team and got a few drops on my screen with about 10 minutes to go, but luckily nothing eventuated.  About 10 minutes after the finish it absolutely bucketed down!!  We were very lucky.

To all involved with the organisation, a hearty cheers.

What a fantastic weekend.

Sheldon McIntosh

Wet track at the start.

Unfortunately it meant that everyone who started for their team mucked up their regularity factor because the times were slow while the track was still wet, then got gradually much faster. 

Evan Bottcher

Wow - what a great event.  This was my second time and it just gets better.  Team Trofeo sends a big thankyou to all the organisers and volunteers.

Huge congratulations also to Team Maschi di Alfa for a well deserved win.

Natsoft raw data is available here: http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?28/10/2007.WIN.S1.I
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

alfagtv58

Absolutely stoked ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Like Evan said, a great event....I just love the team aspect, something you normally dont get a lot of in our chosen sport.

I must say, a big thank you to our club as a whole who had the 'stones' to take on this event and run it.  And to Neil Choi who sacrificed a fair bit this year in finding time to prepare.

It is quite rewarding to run something this big and see so many having a good time.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Big Trev

Well done AROCA and in particular Neil Choi, he is a rock.

Well done to to the organising committee, big job, great effort, also a great big thanks to all the volunteers, they were great.

By my reckoning we came in 7th, so next year, a top 3 for us.

Thanks guys and well done.