AROCA-BABYCO 6 hr Relay at Winton 27-28 October 2007

Started by Neil Choi, March 19, 2007, 08:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

branko.gt

town hall back room has been booked ! the meeting is on !

Neil Choi

Reminder to all:

There will be an event meeting for Q&A and further details, this is scheduled on Tuesday 24th July at Bell's Hotel from 7:30pm.

It is advised that all interested should attend.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Neil

Sheldon McIntosh

When I spoke to Neil on Sunday it was still on.

Neil Choi

Dear all,

I am writing to get in touch with you to let you know of the progress of the event on 27/28 October at Winton.

By all accounts without much promoting, the event is looking to be a full field.  At this stage we have over two third of the maximum field filled and more interest and enquiries to fill a team.

As I have given you warnings since April (release of entry forms), if you are planning on entering and have not done so, please do so now as I can not hold onto your priority entry or guarantee your team's place any more due to the numerous enquiries I am getting, with only two months out from event date.  As you know now, cash speaks louder than words, so please send me your team's entry now if you haven't done so already.  I would hate to disappoint you once the field is full.  I am looking out for all past entrants.

We are working hard at making this year's bigger and better and continuing the tradition in the usual AROCA way.

Our usual Clerks of Course are Alister Grigg and David Crump, joining the team will be Doug Gould, these three well experienced officials have kindly donated their time to make this event happen and run smoothly.

Changes to the event which we think you all would appreciate are:

Drinks for all on Saturday after track closes at 5pm

Drinks for all on Sunday after the close of event

Presentation of Winners, place getters and best presented team at 5:30pm on Sunday after the close of event

Perhaps the announcement of the date of 2008 AROCA 6 hr Relay at Winton

As usual the event is proudly sponsored by BABYCO and Geoff Cox

And proudly supported by at least 14 businesses including

Nesci Transport

Ken Tame Assoc (Insurance)

Oceanic

Monza Motors

Meridian Motorsports

Pace Engineering

Maranello Motors

Lance Dixon

Zagame

Italian Motor Company

Angoves Wines

Stuckey Tyres

Mauceri Motors

Rankins Panels

Alfa Romeo Australia is another proud supporter of AROCA and the event.

We would like thank them all for their continued enthusiastic support.

I look forward to your entry and reply.  Please watch out on our club website www.alfaclubvic.org.au for news and development if I have not emailed you.

Regards,

Neil Choi

AROCA-BABYCO 6 hr Relay at Winton

Chair

0433 11 66 47

Neil Choi

Hi there all

A 6 hr committee meeting is called for Wednesday 22 August at the Town Hall Hotel, 137 Bank Street, South Melbourne.

This is a pretty important meeting as the event is only two months out and all organizations must be set by this meeting.

All those interested in giving a hand at doing something to help run the show are most welcome to attend the meeting.

I will reconfirm once the venue is confirmed as being booked.

Cheers
Neil

Neil Choi

Just a note to all those interested.

If you are still contemplating entering the event, you best to do so now as I am getting lots of interest and with over half the team places filled, I cannot guarantee a place for you if you delay any longer.

It is now open to anyone who sends in their entry form with payment, as we know, cash speaks louder than words.

So come on and send in your entry, I would hate to disappoint your team.

Regards
Neil

ian bennett

hi neil
we have a team of toyotas this year
5 early celicas  and 1 earlly corolla
we are looking forward to catching up with your guys again
cheers
ian

Big Trev

Hey Neil,

has anything been sent/emailed out yet.  We have had no notification that our entry has been received -sorry to be a pain.  :)

Big Trev

alfagtv58

Hey Big Trev, I know we are still accepting entries at this stage, so if your entry is in, then your are in!!  I will get in touch with Neil and ask him to confirm.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Big Trev

Neil Choi

Hello Trevor and all those concerned of their entry,

Sorry for lack of response, surfing on the web is a bit of a luxury for me in recent times due to a heavy workload.

All entries received have been accepted as usual, so no worries there.

At the moment, over 32 odd teams are entered and the event will be a smash hit as like last year.

Organizational-wise, I think all is under control, most of the work will be done in the coming weeks.

Likely, I have obtained a leave-pass for the event weekend, so I think it will be okay for me.

I will post more information and manager's kit soon.

Cheers
Neil

Big Trev

Thanks for the response Neil and also for the PM.  See you on the weekend.

Neil Choi

Hi there all

Only 7 more sleeps until the big event of AROCA-BABYCO 6 hr at Winton.

Pretty much 12 months of work coming to fruition.  Lots of people have put in lots of organization to put on another great Alfa event.

For all AROCA members and car enthusiasts and all car club members, if you interested in coming up to Winton, it is free to spectate.

If you are willing to help out with some role, please let me know, neil_choi@optusnet.com.au or 0433 11 66 47

Also there is a drive up on Saturday, as well as an AROCA dinner on Saturday night. 

Event starts on Saturday with qualifying all day.  Main event starts 10:30am sharp on Sunday.

9 Teams of Alfas entered, along with 21 other teams including MX5, Cobras, Austin Healey, BMW, Porsche, Triumph, Mini's, Celicas, Westfields, Lotus etc

Come on up and enjoy and see an Alfa team win the event.

See you all at Winton

Neil Choi
Chair 6 hr committee