AROCA-BABYCO 6 hr Relay at Winton 27-28 October 2007

Started by Neil Choi, March 19, 2007, 08:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

Dear all

This is just to let everyone know that the AROCA-BABYCO 6 hr Relay at Winton 27-28 October 2007 is under organization at the moment.

Organizing committee meeting is being called, meeting at Bell's Hotel on Wednesday 28th March at 8pm, dinner before hand if you would like to join us.  Anyone who wants to help or be involved is welcome to attend.

Draft Supplementary Regulations and entry forms are currently under review and should be released shortly, watch this space.

This year's event is expected to be very well attended and a full field, a maximum of 38 teams only.  So get started in your preparations, talk to your team mates now.

Looking forward to your entry soon.

Neil Choi
AROCA 6 hr chair
0433 11 66 47

Fast Eddie

There will also be a competition sub-committee meeting following this inaugural 2007 6-hour committee meeting to discuss competition rule changes for 2007 including those proposals already submitted.
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Neil Choi

Dear all

Apologies to all but the scheduled organizing committee meeting and for whoever else would like to attend and help out is now rescheduled.

The committee meeting is now scheduled meeting at Bell's Hotel on TUESDAY 27th March at 8pm, dinner before hand if you would like to join us.  Anyone who wants to help or be involved is welcome to attend.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Neil

branko.gt

... and the meeting time changes once again. New time and place will be advised in the next couple of days....

branko.gt

the meeting is next Tuesday 3rd April, at the Town Hall Hotel, 137 Bank Street, South Melbourne
same time as originally indicated!

If you need to find out more about the place or directions go to  google maps http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=the+town+hall+hotel,+137+Bank+Street,+South+Melbourne&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=17&ll=-37.833616,144.963055&spn=0.003779,0.00721&om=1&iwloc=A

Big Trev

Hi Neil,

The JA No Bull Racing Team will be there again this year, how soon before we can book our spot?

And are Teams who participated last year given preference this year, or is it "first in best dressed"?

Neil Choi

Hi there Trevor and all those interested in the AROCA-BABYCO 6 hr at Winton,

For your information and to relieve you of your anxiety, the 6hr organizing team is working to get the event going, as a meeting has now being called.

I have started the paperwork and organizing, so SR&EF should be available in April with an information night in July.

I expect and most likely that 2006 teams will be given priority of entry meaning 27 places are probably filled already.  2007 Event is looking to be an absolute full field with a maximum of 35-38 teams, so really not that many spare places.

Of course, I am calling for volunteers and helpers as usual, so if you helped last year, you will be definitely be called upon to assist once again.

Let say this, AROCA is working hard to get the show running again.

So watch this space and I will endeavour to post and notify everyone via this forum and email with as much information that develops or come to hand.

Regards
Neil Choi
AROCA-BABYCO 6hr chair
0433 11 66 47

Neil Choi

Hi there all

Here are the draft supp regs and entry form the the AROCA-BABYCO 6 hr Relay at Winton on 27-28 October 2007.

It is expected to be fully filled event, so get your entries in or at least reserve your place by contacting me.

There will be an event meeting for Q&A and further details, this is scheduled on Tuesday 24th July at Bell's Hotel from 7:30pm.

I am looking forward to seeing you all and your entries, it is looking to be another fantastic club level event.

Regards
Neil Choi
Chair of 6 hr committee

Big Trev

Hi Neil,

Please book in the J&A No Bull Racing Team, pretty much the same as last years, same 6 drivers, maybe 5 cars, not sure yet.  We had a fantastic time last year.

I have sent you an email,

Adam Ronke

You can also put down the Benalla Auto Club's second team - Tampered Motorsport, we are good to go!  Where do I send the cheque??

alfagtv58

Quote from: Adam Ronke on May 15, 2007, 04:50:01 PM
You can also put down the Benalla Auto Club's second team - Tampered Motorsport, we are good to go!  Where do I send the cheque??

Hi Adam, good to hear you are on board!  The comp sec is where to send the cheque (assuming your question was not rhetorical!), you will find the details on the bottom of the entry form.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Adam Ronke

Thanks Phil, I didn't read the above posts and have now found the entry form and regs so I am in the process of filling all them out and I will send them off to Neil.  I am so looking forward to this event, and all the members in my team are first timers as well (but all quick cars) but it should be a whole lot of fun.

Adam Ronke

We will see Trev, I hope I am starting next to you!  ;D ; :-\

Neil Choi

Hi there all

A 6 hr committee meeting is called for Tuesday 26 June at the Town Hall Hotel, 137 Bank Street, South Melbourne.

All those interested in giving a hand at doing something to help run the show are most welcome to attend the meeting.

I will reconfirm once the venue is confirmed as being booked.

Cheers
Neil