Where to buy Standard & AfterMarket Parts ??

Started by Storm_X, May 29, 2010, 06:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Storm_X

Hello All

I Just want to know if there are any websites out there that sell standard & aftermarket parts.

I have tried
http://www.spruellmotorsport.com and http://www.international-auto.com

Mainly i am after standard parts to rebuild my 2.0nord and some aftermarket parts for turbo application.

Also anyone know where i can get headgasket to suit a turbo nord engine ??

thnaks chris
"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

bonkfrog

Chris
I've found Reinz head gaskets at Turin Imports - next day delivery. I'm sure Vin Sharp would be able to supply as well.

Cheers
Current: Alfetta GTV 2.0
Past: GTJ1300 (2l conversion), Giulia Supers, Giulia 1600TI

Red Devil GTV6

Hi,

Check out The Spare Place located in Adelaide.

www.thespareplace.com.au

Have all spare parts for Alfa's and Fiats.

Cheers
Luke

shane wescott

If you are happy with the no warranty and may not see the goods, you could try some of the UK suppliers off the net.

I'm lucky enough to travel there a couple of times a year and have mates I can ship parts locally too, so I havent lost anything -  yet.

Our local sponsors are obviously a better bet support and service wise but there may be some hard to find parts you can pick up for a song in the UK.

Two examples from me - Engine Bonnet cover for a GTV6 - locally none under $150 - UK -equiv of $20 aus shipped to my Bosses house.

Clutch slave GTV6 - locally around $150 - UK equiv of around $50 shipped to me overnight while I was in the UK.

Just my experience.
Current Cars:

No Alfa's :-(

Previous Cars:
1991 White 164
86 White GTV6 Zender Body Kit
90 Red 75 TS
98 Blue GTV 2.0
85 Red 33 1.5 TI
85 Red 33 1.7 Carby
83 Silver 33 1.5 GCL
70 Blue Berlina 1750
70 White Berlina 1750

70 White Berlina 1750 (my first)

Current Bikes:

2002 Yellow Ducati ST2 944

carjunky

I have found Highwood Alfa UK excellent and great pricing as well as most parts.

Storm_X

thanks guys im looking at the adelaide shop now as i am in adelaide my self. The only thig is they dont list parts and there prices.

can you guys please send me some links

Red Devil GTV6

If you give the guys at the Spare Parts Place a ring or email they should be able to tell you the price straight away.

Another location in Adelaide is Turin Imports. http://turinimports.com.au

Cheers

Duk

I've dealt with both the Adelaide suppliers on and off for years. Both are very helpful but sometimes their prices can be massively different so it may be worth getting quotes 1st.

Storm_X

i am trying to shop around mainly after parts for engine rebuild ?

still havent trouble looking for a head gasket to suit turbo

Duk

Don't let it detonate and a standard 1 will be fine so long as you torque the head nuts correctly.
It's only poo engines that suffer from non-detonation head gasket clamping issues.

Storm_X

well with a few mods to the engine an Lower comp pistons. 7psi isnt enought to keep the comp up. My turbo manifold and carbies etc i bought the guy was running 15PSi at 200hp and he said it was safe. Ive seen guys run 25+PSI witch is high.
You can run 10PSI out of a standard NORD engine so 15psi isnt reallythat much.