Wrecking '74 2000 Berlina

Started by Damien Ryan, March 13, 2007, 12:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damien Ryan

I've got a '74 2lt Berlina that I've just bought as a parts car for a 1750 Berlina project.  I'll be keeping some parts myself, but the rest is up for grabs, so this is a heads up to give club members the first bite.

I'm keeping the engine, gearbox and diff, so none of that is available, though the gearbox and diff from the 1750 are probably for sale. I'm keeping the 1750 engine too.  I don't want the brake boosters but the previous owner told me they need rebuilding.

The body is pretty rusty, but the front and rear clips are surprisingly good, with only very minor rust that's an easy repair.  Someone is welcome to come and cut them off the car. Will also have one good bonnet and bootlid and probably good bumpers and overiders to sell after I decide which ones I'm going to use.

Stuff that is definitely available includes glass (front screen ok but a bit sandblasted), rear lights (lenses average but assemblies good), front light mounting brackets (good), headlights rings (v good just need a polish) grill (good, no cracks), brightwork (all pretty good, some excellent) original steering wheel (v good), towbar, atleast 2 original 14" steel rims, seats (black, ok but need trimming) gauges and binnacle, console (wood average but otherwise good), ashtray/lighter/switches etc, dash wood (main section pretty good), radiator (condition unknown) steering column and box (unknown) suspension components (unknown).  I didn't get to drive the car before the engine was pulled, so hence I don't know the condition of some mechanical parts.

Basically there's a whole car of parts available minus the items that I mentioned aren't for sale.

If there's anything you need please email me at dame_66@hotmail.com. Car is in Hawthorn.

Cheers

Damien
'74 GTV 2000 Le Mans Blue
'70 Berlina 1750, Bianco (project)
'99 Seat Cordoba, daily driver