Regretfull Sale of Restored Alfa 33 - SA - GREAT NICK!

Started by Brooke, May 05, 2010, 10:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brooke

This dearly loved Alfa 33 was purchased three months ago with the aim of restoring as a rally car, since then, it has become clear that funds will not allow that, although some significant work has been carried out on the car to make it more reliable and handle better.

Was purchased March 2010, and since then, the work that has been carried out on it includes:

Replaced radiator, runs at perfect temperature.
New tires all around, balanced and changed professionally.
Clutch and Brakes bled and responsive.
Cut and Polished entire car.
Defunct Air Conditioning system removed, parts kept, needs re-gassing.
4 Speaker Pioneer Stereo system installed, including CD player and MP3 line in.
Car has original Alfa 33 Series 1 racing seats, very comfortable and in reasonable condition, I purchased very stylish red seat covers to protect seats.
New High performance Battery
Re-build carburettors, replaced gaskets
Complete oil change, including replacement of oil filter.

Condition of the car is very good, especially considering the 25 year old age, this however qualifies it for historical plates ($80 a year registration!) You would expect rust, though there is very little. The little rust there is is confined to a small very thin patch on the edge of the drivers door, a small amount of surface rust on the rear left hand side wheel arch...That is it, no structural rust, and no rust going all the way through, very exceptional for this model!

I had a minor ding in the car last week, causing a scratch running down the right hand side, and I had to replace the front right panel with a matching size silver panel, paint matching will be done in the next couple of weeks.

It runs perfectly, been checked out by a reputable Alfa Mechanic as a very good specimen of this model. Has been a daily driver for the past three months, including cold mornings, and searing hot days, it has never come close to giving up, however, the typical alfa things are still there, and I will list all of them here:

Boot does not stay open, hydraulic arm needs re-gassing/replacment
Gear syncro grinds in second if slammed in, this is a standard problem on these cars, though can be fixed for a small cost if an issue, not an issue if driven with care.
Central locking does not activate on rear left hand door.
Fuel indicator doesn't work, though low light does.
Thats all, and this is very much a bargain for a very sporty, surprisingly quick italian sports car, it has beaten Corolla GTi's in the straight.

Car is supplied with spare:

Tires
Rims
Body Panels
Rear window glass
Exhaust
Gearbox
Engine Parts
Clutch Booster
Doors
Rear Headlights
Seals
Dash Cluster
Various parts (indicator covers, dash switches, trim parts, wheel caps ect...Small bits and pieces for everything)
CV Joints
Suspension Struts
Suspension Springs
Steering Arm
Quite a list of spares, and would most likely fetch more than the asking price by them selves as they are very hard to come by these days.

So why not treat yourself to a very good nick little italian racer, very sad sale, simply not enough money to do what was intended to the car, that was a full rally car conversion, shame, would have made a great rally car! Makes an excellent sound as well!

Car is avaliable to be picked up from Echunga, Adelaide Hills, or can deliver to Anywhere within 50KM to Echunga/Adelaide Hills

Have cut and polished the car's exterior twice, bringing it from a pale pink to a nice solid red!

Got to love seat covers, fit nicely, gives it that sporty feeling!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Alfa-Romeo-33-1985-Ti-/200470031155?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Cars&hash=item2eacf1eb33#ht_606wt_1141

Currently on an eBay bid going cheap!

martymoo

Hi there. Was wondering if I could come and have a look. On the weekend if possible

Marty

Brooke

Hi Marty, I am afraid it has sold to another owner in SA.

Good News!!! He is SELLING IT again, simply because he recieved a free astra a day after buying my alfa.

He is selling it through eBay, link is: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Alfa-Romeo-33-1985-Ti-/200470031155?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Cars&hash=item2eacf1eb33

To get in touch with him, send him an email @ kangas75@ optusnet.com.au