Looking for my first Alfa

Started by Abs, March 27, 2010, 08:43:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abs

Hi all,

I'm on the hunt for my very first Alfa Romeo. My current car (Toyota Soarer/Lexus SC400) was written off in the hail storm that tore through Melbourne a couple of weeks ago now, so i'm primed and ready to get in to a 156.

I've always admired Alfas, and the 156 GTA has been on the top of my wish list since it was released. I've got a bit of family history and influence too as my uncle raced a GTA in 2L Sports Sedans and has a GTV6 now.

At this stage I'm looking for a Twin Spark or JTS 156 Sedan, preferably in Red, but its no deal breaker. Manual only, and would absolutely love one with the factory aero kit.

The thing I found the most after looking a a few is that i'd much rather buy one from someone who is really knows and loves their Alfas.

I'm hitting all the major car sale sites to search, but if you know of one that would fit the bill please let me know!

Thanks,

-Alex

John Hanslow

The twin Spark Monza has leather seats, faux carbon fibre dash, 16inch wheels, spoiler and side skirts.  Also you will see a few twin spark Sports arounf 2002.

They are a Monza plus Riccaro style seats, tinting, 17inch wheels and sports suspension.  Pretty good package as far as I am concerned. There are a few around.

If you want a V6 get a GTA.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Jekyll and Hyde

Quote from: Abs on March 27, 2010, 08:43:20 AM
Hi all,

I'm on the hunt for my very first Alfa Romeo. My current car (Toyota Soarer/Lexus SC400) was written off in the hail storm that tore through Melbourne a couple of weeks ago now, so i'm primed and ready to get in to a 156.

Would have thought getting out of a V8 soarer you'd be looking only for a GTA, not a 4 cylinder?  There's going to be a bit of drop in grunt there...

Andrew156

Quote from: Jekyll and Hyde on April 15, 2010, 10:39:54 PM
Quote from: Abs on March 27, 2010, 08:43:20 AM
Hi all,

Would have thought getting out of a V8 soarer you'd be looking only for a GTA, not a 4 cylinder?  There's going to be a bit of drop in grunt there...

Good point and think long and hard about your choice. I sold a lightly modified LS1 Commodore and got into my 156 recently. I love the 156 experience but the drop of 200kw is hurting a bit I have to admit!
'02 Alfa 156 Selespeed Wagon