Yes more speedo dramas...

Started by 75Guy, April 03, 2010, 08:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

75Guy

Well, after getting my speedo sensor from Dehne (thanks!) and turfing the offensively defective one I have discovered that yes this is not the problem.

I am starting to believe it is the speedo or the wiring, despite the fact that I have a continuous circuit to the sensor. Is there any useful advice anyone can give? I really need that speedo working for it to be registered.

Oh and it is the older style jaeger sensor without the jaeger box similar to late GTV6's.

Thanks.

Sheldon McIntosh

Isn't there some kind of connection under the rear seat on a 75?  Or is that the jaeger box of which you talk?

I don't recall the original thread, could you post a link to it maybe?

dehne

my race 90 originaly had the sender with 2 wires and i changerd it to the one with 3 i never found a box that the sender linked up with but when i put the 3wire one in i just had to earth it
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

75Guy

Quote from: Sheldon Mcintosh on April 04, 2010, 12:08:05 AM
Isn't there some kind of connection under the rear seat on a 75?  Or is that the jaeger box of which you talk?

I don't recall the original thread, could you post a link to it maybe?

Well this is an early 75 so that means no three wire system, no jaeger box. Its almost exactly like a GTV6 if that helps.

Earths are all fine, I went through them all (I have a wiring diagram) and checked plus replaced those that seemed average.

Thus I believe it to be the instrument cluster.

So I guess I will be on the lookout for a new cluster. If anyone has a known working one let me know.

I am just reaching the stage with this that I want to give up but I know that once its on the road all the pain will go away.

scott.venables

I had a problem a while back with my cluster that was affecting the fuel gauge I think.  One of the earth circuits on the flexible PCB on the back had corroded.  It looked alright, but a multimeter showed a big resistance.  I fixed it with a jumper lead across the corroded circuit. Might be worth a shot

Cheers