2010 AROCA 6 Hour Relay - Winton

Started by Trevor 57, March 27, 2010, 07:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor 57

Removed.

dehne

hay trev
i have not heard anything yet but if anyone reads this im looking for a team to join anywhere just as long as im there ill be happy
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

ian bennett

we may be having a third team  as there are 3 cars leftover  
so at this stage there is room for three more
ian

dehne

hi you can count me in i know of 2 other guys that might be interested ill check with them 2morrow we all drive alfas to
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

ian bennett

we wont hold that against you  lol
also we are looking for two people that can act as our team managers
most of the prelim work has been done  , we just need some one to work out  strategies  etc
ian

Anthony Sharp

Hi Big Trev,
The 6hr committee has not had its first meeting as yet. AROCA Vic has just hosted the frist leg of the worldwide 100 years of Alfa Romeo celebrations. The Club has ran 7 events over 13 of the last 22 days. Once we get past our AGM next week we will start moving on the 6hr.

Brad M

That thread made some interesting reading, I recommend it.

Sounds like there are going to be some openings for more Alfa (particularly interstate), Fiat, Triumph, Healy or Celica Teams. Not sure I'd be protesting any issues I had by not competing, may be tough getting back in.

I personally can't wait for the event, not sure what we will do without Evan though ... hopefully he is messing with us and will be there.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

Evan Bottcher

PLEASE ignore the comments at cvmotorsports.com and don't drag up old history and bad blood.  Let's show the right spirit for an Alfa Centenary 6 hour relay race!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

ian bennett

we have two teams ready and paid up
all we need now is the official entry forms  and we will be set
we even have three cars left over
so if Dehne can get in touch  with his fellow entrants, we can form the third team
i will be giving my blue shitter its final run this year , my alzehiemers  has not progressed to far  this year 
so i should be able to do a few laps, without having to stop for directions
there has been a lot of work done on the celicas  so they should be ultra reliable ,we are looking forward to this
ian ::)

Neil Choi

Hello all

The first organizing meeting for the 2010 Alfa club 6 hr at Winton is being held this Wednesday 21 April at the Town Hall Hotel in South Melbourne, starting at 8pm, 7pm for those wanting to have a meal and a couple of beers.  All are welcome to attend and lend a hand in helping to organize.

Some of the background work have been done or commenced.  Lots of discussion and action to take care of.  So plenty of things to do.

Let me know if you are coming.

Regards
Neil
0433 11 66 47

Neil Choi

NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!

AROCA 6 hr Relay team reservations filled up full in less than 24 hr from expression of interest notice going out.

Got to be a first.

Regards
Neil

dehne

so does this mean there are no team spots left as i have a team and ive been waiting for the advert to go up here
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

ian bennett

dehne
i put up   a post last April asking if you were interested in running
i received no reply, we cant do much more  than that ,
ian

dehne

i had gotten a team organized and was waiting for the entries to open but since it is already full before the entries opened im guess i missed out hopefully they add some more teams or some pull out
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

dehne

i know a few teams from last year have pulled out so these spots should have been for new teams to join in thus helping to further promote the alfa 6hrs as well as motor sport in general. it is very dissapointing that all entries were full before the official entries had opened. very unfair when your waiting for them.
when are the 2011 entries opening so i can get in now
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past