Alfa Island Pics

Started by alfagtv58, March 15, 2010, 11:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Musco

In car footage from Alfa Island on the weekend. This is first qualifying Saturday morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k69tB54R8I

Sheldon McIntosh

Nice centenary badge Frank!!  That extra weight must slow you down a bit though?

jimnielsen

Frank, that is such a great video - we need the full feature length version!

jim ..
'95 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
'90 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7 IE - my god! I can compete in Trofeo class!! -

Brett

Ray Pignataro

Frank you drive like there is a gun to your head and a knife ready to cut your nuts. Inspirational.

Evan Bottcher

I'd like a translation of what you had to say when Michael P came back past you at Honda?  Lovely driving Frank - your drive over Lukey Heights makes me clench...
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Frank Musco

Cheers Sheldon. Very happy to get it before the meeting. On one hand it looks good, on the other, how much time did it cost me? I'd like to go with 0.31 seconds. It is heavy! I like it. Sometimes you just have to compromise.

Thanks Jim. I'm getting there.

Nice one M.P

Maybe the car is stolen, or borrowed, Oh yeah, its my brothers. Ha Ha.

Evan Translation. I was extenting an invitation into Siberia, as I was having trouble there all day, simple.
Dont get me wrong, that was "Off the scale" for fun, I'd be happy doing that all day, maybe the car wouldnt.

Frank

Aggo

Hi guys, It dawned on me after my previous (first ever) post that I hadn't introduced myself on the forum properly. I'm Andrew Aggenbach and not many of you would know me yet as 'Aggo'. I've been a club member for almost 10 years but have not been terribly active until fairly recently.

I'm the genius (read 'moron') with the Nissan SR20 Turbo in the silver Alfetta GTV. I've owened the car now for the last 6 years (I had 2 33's before this) but have had lot of problems getting it 'settled' in the car and reliable. I also became a father of two kids during this time as well!
Apart from a niggly exhaust rattle (yes the same one that tore the turbo off the exhaust manifold at last year's 6 hour!) the car is just about sorted.

The only nut that needs tightening now is the one behind the wheel! Here is some of my footage from inside the car last weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UaSbkiQLI0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C4vtOJfbGE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR_ie0BcvoA

What an awesome and historic event. Thanks to Phil and Neil for allowing me to enter even though the car is not all Alfa. We are truly blessed in Victoria to have access to such a world class track for club level motorsport.

PS. My YouTube handle; SiRGTV is tongue in cheek for SR powered GTV not that I am deserving of a title from the Knights of the Round Table!

Cheers, Aggo
1980 Alfetta GTV SR20DET

jimnielsen

Great vids Andrew, would have been even better if that last video had gone on long enough to show you passing Musco down the main straight!!
'95 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
'90 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7 IE - my god! I can compete in Trofeo class!! -

Aggo

Thanks Jim, The straight would have been the only place I could get past Frank!

Cheers, Andrew
1980 Alfetta GTV SR20DET

Paul Gulliver

Does anyone know who the "offical photographer" for the event was. Usually sdpics.com.au does some of our club sprint days but i didn't see them around.
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

Evan Bottcher

I'm not sure who arranged it, but I was in touch with the chap on the weekend.  He's emailed me to say the photos will be available early next week, published on Flickr.  I'll post links then.

Unfortunately he's also an official photographer for the historics this weekend so he's a little bit busy it's taking a little longer than he'd hoped.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Frank Musco

Good stuff Andrew. I like your line through southern loop, been there myself a couple of times.
And yes an awesome event, never seen so many fantastic Alfa Romeo cars in one place before. Also couldnt think of a better place at Phillip Island. (Unless raining)

As for Jim bloody Nielsen, I didn't see any green Alfa Sprints on your video, excuses??? I saw you in marshalling, always first one out, but still didn't catch me! Thats just not Jim.

Jekyll and Hyde

Quote from: Aggo on March 18, 2010, 09:10:24 PM
Hi guys, It dawned on me after my previous (first ever) post that I hadn't introduced myself on the forum properly. I'm Andrew Aggenbach and not many of you would know me yet as 'Aggo'. I've been a club member for almost 10 years but have not been terribly active until fairly recently.

I'm the genius (read 'moron') with the Nissan SR20 Turbo in the silver Alfetta GTV. I've owened the car now for the last 6 years (I had 2 33's before this) but have had lot of problems getting it 'settled' in the car and reliable. I also became a father of two kids during this time as well!
Apart from a niggly exhaust rattle (yes the same one that tore the turbo off the exhaust manifold at last year's 6 hour!) the car is just about sorted.

The only nut that needs tightening now is the one behind the wheel! Here is some of my footage from inside the car last weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UaSbkiQLI0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C4vtOJfbGE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR_ie0BcvoA

What an awesome and historic event. Thanks to Phil and Neil for allowing me to enter even though the car is not all Alfa. We are truly blessed in Victoria to have access to such a world class track for club level motorsport.

PS. My YouTube handle; SiRGTV is tongue in cheek for SR powered GTV not that I am deserving of a title from the Knights of the Round Table!

Cheers, Aggo

I dunno about you, but my lockup was definitely all brake pedal inspired - yours probably came from that Nissan engine, saw a bit of sideways action and though it must be a drift competition  ;D.  Forgot how much smoke came out though, no wonder I had a bit of a vibration for the rest of the weekend!

I'll have to put up the segment from my camera of you going off at southern loop - I didn't actually realise you were still in the grass when I went past until I watched your video.  Looked back through my footage, and you can see a big roostertail as I come round turn 1.  And even frame by frame, I can't find your car in the dust cloud as I go round Southern loop.

Aggo

Thanks Ben, if only I'd put the Nissan gearbox in the car as well I'd be out drifting now down Dandenong Rd. in Windsor after completing a few 'Chapel Laps' safe in the knowledge that my 15 in subwoofer would provide all the downforce I need over the rear wheels, but alas I have too much mechanical sympathy for my Alfa transaxle to go drifting (in dry weather). It'll be good to see your footage of my off at the Southern Loop.

Frank, I checked the rest of my footage and whilst I've got plenty of go in a straight line you were that far ahead of me it would have pointless to try and keep up with you through turn 1.
1980 Alfetta GTV SR20DET