GregSale

Some nice cars showed up
2007 Spider Black

GregSale

few more
2007 Spider Black

GregSale

and this is all
I think there was as many Alfas as Fiats !
2007 Spider Black

Scarlan

Hi Greg,
I don't know about you, but I thought the Fiat day at Como Park was sensational.
A great mix of Italian cars which rarely get seen together.
It seems the Fiat Car Club has gone out of its way to extend the invitation to all Italian cars a bit like the event in Canberra.
I only wish I could have stayed for a bit longer (my car is the Monte in one of your photos).
Thanks for some greta photos; unfortunately the only camera I had with me was the one in my phone (enough said).
Regards,
Stephen :)
Current:
07 159 Q4 3.2JTS
Previously:
99 156 Twin Spark
91 33S Permanent 4
86 33Ti

ProvaRacing

Agreed, it was a lovely day and yes nice shots and Monte's are nice too.

I forgot to post up my pics so here;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28242173@N06/?changedlayout=1

FYI that FIAT 8VZ is similar to the one featured in Ruoteclassiche June 1999 that was driven by Elio Zagato. For the record in the full road test comparison (those familar with Quattroruote magazine will know what I mean) between it and the Alfa Romeo 1900 SSZ both of 1953 road racer fame;

FIAT 8VZ is V8 1996cc, 1051kg
0-60kph 4.4
0-100kph 9.4
0-120kph 11
400m 17.2 (141.3kph)

ALFA 1900SSZ 4cyl 1975cc, 1153kg
0-60kph 4.7
0-100kph 10
0-120kph 12.9
400m 18.3 (136.7kph)

So before you feel like sniggering (you hear it at meetings when someone announces they drive a modern Alfa - read not a Alfa 105) saying "it's just a FIAT" (it can be heard just above their creaking bones)...it ain't such a bad thing :P

GregSale

Nice pics !

The thing my son and I talked about on the way home was how lucky we are to be able to be part of the "italian car" fraternity....makes you feel a bit special......I mean the cars have long history, designed with passion...style...sometimes form over function (did you know you cant fit an 18" flat P Zero in the boot of my current spider - found this out in the dark on the hume highway last September) but who cares, its Italian

And I agree, the Fiat event reminded me of the All Italian Day in Canberra (an I was rather fond of your Monte)
  :)
2007 Spider Black

ProvaRacing

Unbelieveable Greg - wouldn't fit? It must'nt be flat enough haha...btw is yours the red or black one?

GregSale

Black one
I couldnt believe it when I got a flat
Windy, dark, trucks flying past at 110 or more, and at the end of it all........there is NO WAY to fit the dead wheel and tyre in the boot.
Lucky I had an old rug in the car, put it around the tyre, put said tyre on passenger seat (lucky no passenger...at the price of the wheels it might have been a tough call) but even with the tyre hard up against the door trim, I had to change into first and second with my fingers instead of my hand as the tyre was so far over it touched the gearstick
But I forgive it all each time I look at it or drive it
2007 Spider Black

Scarlan

Greg,
Was your spider one of the two current models at the Fiat day?
I would love one of them, but they are a bit tricky with three kids.
It is hard enough justifying having the two seater Monte to my better half!
I may be getting the Lancia down to Phillip Island, but I am not sure whether to attend the Alfa weekend or the Historic Races the following weekend.
Your attitude with the spare tyre is what owning an Alfa Romeo (or any Italian car for that matter) is all about.
A BMW owner encountering a problem like you described would probably go balistic!
Regards,
Stephen
Current:
07 159 Q4 3.2JTS
Previously:
99 156 Twin Spark
91 33S Permanent 4
86 33Ti