New Member - Owner of a 1977 2.0L GTV

Started by Hot Stuff, February 26, 2010, 03:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot Stuff

Hello!

Just popping in to say Hi to everyone out there on this forum.
I am a new member as of the Italian Car Day, inwhich I registered on the Day. <--- really enjoyed the day!

Some car things about me for you all to know:
I have been driving my Afla 2.0L GTV for 4 years now.

I purchased the car from my dads retired accountant who needed more space in his garage. The car had been techniquely 'on blocks' and had not been started properly for 11 years. Dad and his mate, and I got it started, in 2 hours, wow it still ran! Obviously we had to prep the car before it started but it was considerably a painless experience.

Once it was running we took it to the mechanic to get the list of things required to make it road worthy again. Basically, they fixed the steering, balanced the shaft and basically spent most of the time fixing rear of the car. They fixed some electrical problems, did a general service and got it running nicely. It took about 9 months to get it road worthy and the car had seen 3 mechanics.
I put the car over the pits in one go, and the car only has a few minor problems that I am aware of since.

My plans for the car is to slightly modifying the cars performance (extractors, better airflow, rams??) but keeping the exterior and most of the interior original. Suspension, cleanup rust, brakes, gearbox, engine, then a possible re-spray, is the order I am thinking. Of course this is still early stages but at least I have a bit of an idea.

Anyway, thanks for all your friendliness at the Italian Car Day, I look forward to meeting you all and seeing the rest of your beautiful cars!

Regards,
Leif Beaver

P.S. My gearbox is like the consistancy of favourite cereal, Crunchy.

Moo thigh enemy

1977 Alfa Romeo 116 2L GTV

Fast Eddie

well, we have already met as i took your membership money off you at the ICD, but welcome anyway!

Your GTV is very nice and i hope we can get it out along side mine on a few runs so we can compare notes.  Most of what you are planning, considering i too have or may do as is the case with a couple of other Alfetta GTV drivers in the club.

Hopefully you can make it out to the convoiy run to the Northam "Flying 50" or on the "Theo's run" to Dowerin in April and also maybe a few "parade" laps on the new bitumen circuit they have built.

Ed
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Hot Stuff

Ah yes! I am looking forward to all the events. At the moment I have the Northan run booked. I think ill stay the night there :)
It will be funny trying to fit my swag in the boot of the alfa (doesnt fit much).

Yes i would love to compare notes and also learn alot too.

From what I know the NORTHAM "FLYING 50" ROUND THE HOUSES EVENT – SUN 28 MAR is an event of all different cars so I am going try and get my brother to bring my dads 68 kombi along too :)

Now I think all you guys are more purists with you alfas but i found some rims that I think would look great on my alfa, what do you think?
Ill probably put an alfa logo in the middle of each one too :)   Hope this Url works :)
http://www.anoutiwheels.com/upload/Image/gino/Home/C-Note_chrome_red%20in%20600x600.jpg

Thanks for the welcome, speak to you all soon!
Moo thigh enemy

1977 Alfa Romeo 116 2L GTV

Italian Supermodel

Hi Leif,
How's your Gtv going? Do you have any recent pictures of it?
You would by chance have the original steering wheel you're keen on selling?