WANTED: Alfa 75 Speedo sender unit

Started by 75Guy, February 21, 2010, 05:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

75Guy

Hello all, this is for the most part a repost from alfabb:

Hi all, after finding out that I can't fix the sender unit in my car I need to find another before I can get the car roadworthied.

I am looking for the two plug sender unit (pictures attached), from a 2.5 V6 1986 (manufacture date) Alfa 75.

I have a sneaking suspicion it will be the same as GTV6 and alfa 90 sensors.

Needs to be identical to these pictures.

I am located in tasmania and will happily pay postage. Alternatively if anyone in tassie has a sender unit I can borrow you will have made a life long friend. Really I can live without a speedo day to day but its neccessary for registration.

Thanks everyone,

Claye

dehne

i have a couple of these what $$ are you thinking of. i think they are about $100 but not completly sure
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

75Guy

Would you be able to provide a few pictures? I know its a pain but I really need to make sure that I will receive the right sender given that there are three different ones that I know of....

MD

The three sender types consist of :-

1 A three wire type. Wire colours are : pink/black (b+) black(ground) grey (signal to speedo head)
2 A two wire type with yellow and brown wires. These couple up to a black box under the seat of the
   75 and the box has the same output three colour wires as above.

Anotherwords, the first and second type produce the same result but have been made up at different production stages.

3 The last one is the GTV2/6 type and bears no resemblence to the other two. It is a Veglia sender (Italian). The other two are Jaeger senders(French).

The only time this is an issue is when owners of Alfettas install twin spark transxales and wonder why the speedo wont work. It will never work without a properly configured "translator" module.

You can get this module here and it's called a Dakota Digital SGI-5.
http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=126/category_id=287/home_id=59/mode=prod/prd126.htm

To help you wire it up, go here:
http://alfagtv6.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=920&hilit=dakota

Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

75Guy

Thanks, thats very informative, no-one on alfabb.com could explain why my sensor was different.

My sensor is a jaeger type, three wire, non-black box. So if anyone has one of those in particular it would be great.

dehne

well  with all the 90's ive owned they have all been the 3 plug units ill take pics anyway for you
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

75Guy

No, no thats fine, now that I have a better understanding of the sensors there is no real need for pictures.

PM sent.

EDIT: Also I would like to say a big thanks to MD and Dehne who have managed to restore my faith in the car community. If there was a Alfa Romeo Club Australia division in Tasmania I would join happily.

MD

I avoid making comments about the price of things sold here as it is a matter for the respective parties and nobody else's business but to continue with the help theme, dehne's asking price is very reasonable as I have seen them for double that amount and the price of a new one (if you could get it) 5 years ago was around $260.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0