Centenary Celebration event at PI March 13-14

Started by Neil Choi, February 17, 2010, 10:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

Dear all

Just an update on entries to the centenary celebration event.  If you have entered, thank you and looking forward to seeing you all there on the Island.

If you are holding off or thinking about it, don't wait too long as places are filling out and you could miss out as we are limited by track density. 

It is going to be a fantastic two days on the Island with only Alfa's on the track.  This is a once in a life time event.

Furthermore if you are not competing but can come down and help to officiate, especially in the flags area, we will be most appreciative, of course we will be looking after you.

If you know of anyone willing to officiate, please let me know also.

Once again, now is the time to send in your entry as the event is only a few weeks away and we will need to finalize the entry list.  Once it is full, it is full and you will miss out.

Regards
Neil

Neil Choi

Additional note to all those contemplating entering this once in a life time event and haven't sent in their paperwork.

You will need to enter by the end of this coming week or so in order for your entry (name and car) to be listed and recorded in the official program, thus stamping your presence into the records for what is expected to be a marvellous event.

This is due to deadlines by various coordinators needing to complete their work for the event.

In addition, unlike the lenient conditions of sprint events I run and allow, this event's strict entry conditions does not allow the expansion the field (once full) or take late entries.

Therefore it is highly stressed that if you are contemplating on entering and waiting for the closing date or whatever reason, put in the entry immediately to avoid disappointment.

Looking forward to entry.

Regards
Neil

hmd

Neil,

I sent scanned entry form to neil_choi at optusnet.com.au, is that ok?

Neil Choi

Yes, that's fine, but need a name so I can look out for it. 

You can email or PM but just let me know what to look for, as I expect there will entries come in and hate to miss it for whatever reason.

Neil

Fetta GTV

Neil

I will be coming down to watch
I can help out in any way needed
I dont have any experience with flagging etc but am willing to learn

regards
David

Fetta GTV
1979 Alfetta GTV
1986 Alfa Sprint 1.5 twin carb

Neil Choi

Thanks David

Can you send me your contact details so I can list you down on the officials list and send you details the week before the event.

Regards
Neil

Alfalfa

Hi Neil,

I'll be heading down on the Sunday to watch the days events, would love to put alfie on the track but she needs a little prep work which unfortunately won't happen in time. I'd love to be apart of the parade lap and group photo though!

Christian
Current:
2009 Ford Focus XR5T
1982 Alfetta GTV 2.0 (out to stud)

Previous:
1986 Nissan Pintara Shaggin Wagon

alfagtv58

Well, just under a couple of weeks to go and I'm getting excited!  I saw some footage from the Superbikes on the weekend and the track is looking in tip top condition.

This must be some sort of record, we have 147 entries so far!  Sure there has been more Alfas on track at once, but to get this many Alfas to one single meeting is an exceptional effort, so well done!!

Entries do close on Friday so if you or any of your mates are still sitting on the fence, tell them to get the splinters out and get their entry in ASAP.

Attached is the following;

Current Entry List (by run group)
Event Schedule
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Neil Choi

Hey there all

This time next week, it will be going off with a bang and running.  Alfa Island!!!!

Currently over 155 entries.

15 Invited Very Special Alfa's.

Record number of Alfetta's, over 70.

Terrific number of 105's

And

One lonely 90

I am closing entries off this weekend but if you are quick and get in touch with me via email or phone (0433 11 66 47) and because I am a nice guy (my personal opinion only) you might get in.

Weather is looking good.

Phil has everything under control as is Ross.

So bring on Alfa Island.  It would have to be a record for the most number of racing Alfa's at any one event.

Neil
(Slave to Phil and Ross!!!)

Neil Choi

Hi there all,

Not long to go, I am sure all car preparations are complete.

An update, we have just achieved 159 entries for Alfa Island, rather remarkable, for the centenary celebration.

The weather forecast is fine and mid 20's, so perfect.  The weather god is shining upon us.

Anyone late entrants best to get in touch with me now.

Anyone wanting to help out also, you will need to contact me so I can allocate roles.

This special event is open to all Alfa enthusiast, so drive down in your Alfa and enjoy the sight and sounds of all the Alfa's on track.  This could be and will be the largest gathering of Alfa's on a race track, at least in Australia.  So come down and contribute to this event.

Regards
Neil

Alfalfa

If you need anymore help, I'd be happy to do what I can on Sunday. I'm aiming to get to the track around 10-10.30. I'm coming down with my cousin so he can give a hand as well
Current:
2009 Ford Focus XR5T
1982 Alfetta GTV 2.0 (out to stud)

Previous:
1986 Nissan Pintara Shaggin Wagon

Victor Lee

QuoteThis could be and will be the largest gathering of Alfa's on a race track, at least in Australia. 

Can anyone with a better memory than mine confirm this?   

So is this THE largest Alfa race meeting in Australian motorsport history???    We hope so!

See you at Alfa Island!

Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

JOHN G

This is what you have to beat. ;)

(The Alfisti in South Africa turned out in droves for Alfa Romeo Kyalami Day, setting a new world record for the most Alfas on the track at once. The record – which mirrors the one set by Ferrari at Silverstone last year – required 200 vehicles, but the organizers got no fewer than 240 Alfas to hit the Kyalami circuit (former host of the South African Grand Prix) at once. Nearly 7000 visitors (excluding staff) were in attendance, while the parking lots filled up with over 2300 cars)

Good Luck
John
Present
ALFA 75 3.0
BMW X5 M

Past
Alfa  75 3.0 qv Potenziata (Black) Concours
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0
Alfa GTV6 GP 2.5 Concours
Alfa GTV6 SA 3.3 AHMotorsport 250Hp ATW (Grey)
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Black)

Sheldon McIntosh

Well there's around 140 cars entered for track duty, surely there'll be more than 100 spectator Alfas around.  We could go for the world record!! 

Neil Choi

We got around 159 entries, plus spectator Alfa's.

Someone can bring a counter and count as Alfa's enter the track.  Colin Thomas is our Track Entry Official.

Neil

Oooops, forgot about the double entered Alfa's, so need a few more spectator Alfa's.  So all the Alfa owners out there, come on down and join and try to beat the record.

I got a GTA in the garage if anyone wants to drive that down for me!!!!