NCCA Challenge of Clubs 2010

Started by redalfaracing, February 08, 2010, 05:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redalfaracing

Any one who is interested in a great weekend of motorsport may wish to consider NCCA Challenge of Clubs. Sup regs turned up at the weekend. Trial B can be run in an ORV with a CAMS L2S licence. I have posted the sup regs. Entry form is over 1mb, so get it from www.nissancarclub.org.au if you want it.
Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC
'83 GTV6 3.0L 24v CRC Project
'83 GTV6 restoration project

redalfaracing

This email turned up today. I see a Simon Francis but no Mat Francis?

Saturday Motorkhana
Saturday Evening Trial
Sunday Autocross

Sound interesting?
Come and give it a go.

See if you can sustain your competition concentration for two days at three different discipline's.

"Challenge" yourself.

Entries are open now.

Suppregs and entry forms are at the Nissancarclub.org.au website or follow the link below

http://www.nissancarclub.org.au/Events/?e=114

Entries so far are below

Agrotis Peter
Bansagi Michael
Barr Matt
Birchall Robin
Blum Gerard
Burnett Mark
Curry Michael
Curry Ian
Davies Richard
Davis Ben
Davison Darren
Flowers Quinton
Francis Simon
Fulton Ian
Fulton Peter
Fynch Daniel
Gay Richard
Gilhome Eliabeth
Goossens Mick
Greenwood Rodney
Hurle Graeme
Ilsley Simon
Kidgell Elizabeth
Kierce Daniel
Lawrance David
Mahony Paul
Meyer Kate
Morrison Peter
Patterson John
Patterson Rachel
Porter Steven
Roberts Mark
Rossi Daniel
Rowland Simon
Seabrook Tyler
Seabrook Colin
Seabrook Correne
Seakbrook Cary
Smith Lachlan
Thorpe Kylie
Wallis Graham
Wasson Sue
Wilson Phillip
Woods Kimberley
Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC

Mat Francis

That's awesome! Simon Francis is a (young?) bloke up around Ballarat. Has a couple of GTV6's and an alfetta sedan. a 1.8 sedan at that. I know he's on the BB but don't think on here?

Printing off the entry forms right now Greg. Will mail them on Monday.

As for the car, revised light bar is finished. Wheels and tryes are at the shop as we speak. Awaiting delivery of a navigators light. Finalising installation of drivers seat, passengers seat is tomorrow arvo's job.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

redalfaracing

Great stuff Mat. don't forget to drop one link off the rear sway bar.

this email turned up yesterday

Hi All,

The Challenge of Clubs is sad to announce that no accommodation is available in the old Barracks(bunkhouse) this year and most likely into the future.

Council has allowed camping infront of the BLCC clubrooms in the grass area near the water tower which is described as the soccer pitch area.  (ie not the car parking lot area)
The Barracks toilet and shower facilities will be open for use but take your own supplies none provided.
Please keep them clean.
No power is available in the camping area.

If you use the camping area please ensure you make prevision to take your rubbish home with you.

The Challenge of Clubs Supp Regs has a list of alternate accommodation on the last page.

Regards
Steve Porter
Secretary
Challenge of Clubs
Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC

Mat Francis

Cheers Greg. Would of completely forgotten that sway bar  :)

Was going to look at a caravan park but that looks easier (and cheaper).

Slight change of plans, i will no longer be entering the motorkhana. I have to work the Friday night, and it would be some ridiculous hour by the time we got there. I'm pretty soft and don't function too good without sleep, so better to play it safe and drive up Saturday morning ready for a big night.

Jimmy has also scrapped the idea of entering the beamer. Something about it being too low and pogostick shock absorbers. Instead, he's gonna autocross the Alfetta! Poor old girl.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

redalfaracing

Mat, I too am not doing the Motorkhana. Save the energy for the trial.

I have entered the A trial and the Autocross. You ever autocrossed before?
Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC

Water Boy

Looks like a great weekend of grass roots motorpsort.

Wish I had something that was a little less "Track spec" to bring.

Plan: Must build an autocorss/motokharna car!

redalfaracing

looking like a great weekend of motorsport.

Been a long long time since 2 Alfas have been entered in a Victorian gravel rally, i started rallying in 2004 and don't know of anyone since. Good on you Mat for having a dip. couple of quickies in the field. Keep you honest Mat.

This email turned up last night;

Challenge of Clubs is progressing well.

If your names not on the lists below for your entered event please email me direct.
You may have missed the Friday mail.
Ballot for the Trial is at 8pm Saturday 27th.

It is still not too late to enter contact me for your best options.

Supp regs and Entry forms are at

http://www.nissancarclub.org.au/Events/?e=114

Email me
steporter10@yahoo.com

A few more officials would be greatly appreciated contact Aiden Monday on 9467 6191

Motorkhana Entries 35

First Name Surname
Matt Barr
Robin Birchall
Mark Burnett
Michael Curry
Richard Davies
Ben Davis
Darren Davison
Dennis Edwards
Zac Edwards
Damian Faulkner
Ashley Findlay
Quinton Flowers
Simon Francis
Eliabeth Gilhome
Mick Goossens
Michael Kay
David Lawrance
Paul Mahony
Charles Mammi
Michael Mammi
Ben McKee
Peter Morrison
Peter Parry
Sharon Pitt
Greg Pitt
Steven Porter
Robert Prosser
Luke Read
Stephen Richards
Mark Roberts
Cary Seakbrook
Kylie Thorpe
Graham Wallis
Sue Wasson
Ashli Webb

Trial Entries 37

Firstname Surname Firstname Surname
Michael Bansagi Peter Agrotis
Matt Barr Mark Burnett
Robin Birchall Kylie Thorpe
Campbell Eastwood Darren Miller
Zac Edwards Timothy McGill
Simon Ellis Ian Ellis
Matthew Francis James Gray
Alan Friend Robin Smalley
Ian Fulton Peter Fulton
Daniel Fynch Gerard Blum
Richard Gay Correne Seabrook
Eliabeth Gilhome Simon Francis
Rodney Greenwood Paul Mahony
Sean Hudgson Grant Heywood
Graeme Hurle Elizabeth Kidgell
Adrian Johns David Johns
Daniel Kierce Kate Meyer
David Lawrance Darren Davison
Jade Lawson Kevin Johnston
Charles Mammi Michael Mammi
Ben McKee Damian Faulkner
Peter Morrison Sue Wasson
Peter Parry Ian Crook
John Patterson Rachel Patterson
Steven Porter Kimberley Woods
Stephen Richards Michael Kay
Mark Roberts Phillip Wilson
Daniel Rossi Simon Rowland
Cary Seakbrook Tyler Seabrook
Michelle Shadwick Leslie Shadwick
Lachlan Smith Simon Ilsley
Stuart Stevenson Daniel Stevenson
Graham Wallis Richard Davies
Andrew Wallis Tim Sanders
Wayne Webb Ashli Webb
Paul Williams Jeremy Egan
Greg Wyatt Stuart Diggins

Autocross Entries 46

First Name Surname
Matt Barr
Robin Birchall
Gerard Blum
Mark Burnett
Ian Curry
Michael Curry
Ben Davis
Darren Davison
Zac Edwards
Dennis Edwards
Damian Faulkner
Ashley Findlay
Quinton Flowers
Simon Francis
Matthew Francis
Daniel Fynch
Eliabeth Gilhome
Mick Goossens
James Gray
Lucas Hunter
Patrick Hunter
Bill Hunter
Michael Kay
David Lawrance
Paul Mahony
Michael Mammi
Charles Mammi
Ben McKee
Peter Morrison
Peter Parry
Sharon Pitt
Greg Pitt
Steven Porter
Robert Prosser
Luke Read
Stephen Richards
Mark Roberts
Colin Seabrook
Cary Seakbrook
Daniel Stevenson
Stuart Stevenson
Kylie Thorpe
Graham Wallis
Sue Wasson
Ashli Webb
Greg Wyatt
Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC

Mat Francis

I'm surprised that no one else uses 116 series cars over say a 1600- they cost nothing and even in stock form would be pretty good i reckon. But that's another can of worms altogether.

Question time again. Any idea where i am going to get hessian bags from? I havn't exactly looked hard, but it's not something i can remember seeing in any shop i've been in.

All that's left now is just the mudflaps and the swaybar- fingers crossed that'll get knocked over tomorrow.

Here's the revised lighting setup. Lot tidier and more secure.

Second picture is an invention of my own. It's a seat base from an early car, with a few tags cut off, turned upside down and bolted to the floor. Should put an end to shoes being melted.

Last, the comical difference between the two cars; both with 15 inch wheels and standard height. Definitely wouldn't want to lower mine, Scott's is a different story though.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

redalfaracing

People have been a bit brainwashed over the years about datto 1600's. yes, you can get them to go hard, and there are a lot of go fast parts , r180 diffs, option 1 gearboxes etc. But, they have 1 inherrent fault. the rear suspension. Firstly they break a lot of drive shafts, but more importantly the geometry is up the creek. when you booy it, the weight transfers to the rear and they squat, which gives them massive toe out. On bitumen probably not so big an issue, but on gravel, the wheel that gets the most traction takes the rear of the car sideways. spend all your time keeping it tracking straight, only way to do that is to back off. good shells are getting hard to find now. i think the Japs are starting to buy them back.

Dunno about the hessian sacks myself. going to try at the local greengrocer ( potato) and the local horse food supplies.

Lighting looks better than V1, nav foot plate might get a tad deformed if you really get into it.

I reckon you will be glad of every mm of that ground clearance. I'll ask you what you think on Sunday after the event.

My thing is nearly ready, thought i had only a few things to do, 3 days later still just a few things to do. Made a light pod today to mount the predators on the front panel. Now i can see!!!
I wont be going to scutiny as i am 67.9 km away, the CoC has agreed for me to get regional scrutiny.
So i'll see you in Ballan.
Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC

redalfaracing

Mat, hessian sacks at Bunnings, aisle 21, 3/4 way down on lhs, chest height: $3.50 each. Not heavy potato sack but 10 gram/sq m hessian none the less. Supp regs do not specify the quality required, just the quantity.

Or ebay item 260558424134  3 sacks, 11 hrs to go. current bid .99 Feeling lucky?

Just in case you don't have them yet.
Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC

dehne

with out reading the supp regs whats the hessions for the only thing i can think its for the nav when they dont wanna see where matts steering them  ;), no seriously whats it for
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Mat Francis

Thanks Greg. Ebay looked good, until i saw the 5-10 days postage bit. So bunnings it was. Still absolutely no clue what they are actually for though.

Took the car for a "test drive" up the local gravel road the other night. Wow. The difference those tyres and the removed sway bar made is phenomenal. Don't have the skill/balls to have the car sideways into the corners (yet), but felt a lot more comfortable with the extra control over the whole situation. Tried the old double-de clutch to compression lock, wasn't really all that comfortable to be honest. Not sure how long the driveline will last. I felt like a mixture of mild scando flicks and left foot braking (usually combined) on the entry was a bit kinder to the car, and easier for me to execute. Not sure if it will be as quick, but out and out speed isn't the primary concern this time.

Getting pretty excited  ;D
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

redalfaracing

Hessian sacks are for fire suppressing. If you happen to take a scenic route through the shrubbery and your hot exhaust/ brakes cause local ignition, whack the bejeezus out of it with a wet sack. maybe the cfa should take heed of this procedure.

You are perfectly placed, last car no 39, no one behind you to give you a hurry up, and, you can give yourself as big a dust gap as you need. Good work.

I'm excited too!
Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC

Sheldon McIntosh

Do us proud Mat!!

I'm pretty envious actually, might have to pick up an Alfetta myself.  Evan and I did actually road test a $500 Giulietta today to see if it's suitable for thrashing to death rallying.

The motorkhana last year was enough fun, rallying must be incredible.  Give it heaps bro!