air bag warning light is on

Started by haxby, February 04, 2010, 03:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haxby

Hi all,

After mucking around with my car stereo, I realised that the air bag light is now permanently on the dash.

This is because, for a second, I unplugged the wrong wiring loom and the seat belt pretensioners were disconnected.  **oops**

Does anyone know if the air bag will still deploy in case of an accident? Or does it just turn off all the safety systems untill a mechanic resets it?

Also, what is the usual cost for getting an alfa dealer to just reset the computer? Mega bucks?

Its an alfa spider, 2001 year.

spieret

The airbag system is still fully functional. It's just a warning light saying the system was touched. It takes 5 mins for an Alfa dealer to switch it off. If your lucky, like I was, the Alfa Dealer just switched it off for nix. Otherwise they may charge $50. Mention your in the Alfa club couldn't hurt.

There is also a way apparantly that you can switch it off yourself. Something to do with disconnecting the negative battery terminal, but i never got it to work.

Cheers

Tony
Owning a GTV, if i have to explain... you'll never understand...

Current:
1998 916 V6 GTV

dehne

there may also be something else at the front of the car where the impact switch may have been effected as it happened to one of mine and it has to be replaced but first go and get it checked
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's