Another new 156 Owner!

Started by Andrew156, February 04, 2010, 11:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew156

Hello to all,

I've been an Alfa fan for many years but have never had the cohunas to go the next step and buy one. Came very close in 1988 on a lovely chocolate brown GTV 2.0 on gold Simmons wheels but again chickened out due to the "fear" of owning an Alfa. After a 20 year diet of V8 Commodores and a couple of MX5s I've bitten the bullet and bought a 2002 156 Selespeed wagon. I'm pretty chuffed by the car as it's got full history and 62,000kms, sunroof, very clean!!

A couple of "small" issues though. It is due for another timing belt and I find the suspension way too soft. My previous car rolled on a set of TEIN coilovers so that may have something to do with it. Will be in touch with forum sponsors to suss this all out. My Italian love affair continues and having only had the car a couple of days, I'm loving it.

Touch wood the sillyspeed doesn't let me down. Yes I did all the reading but the rest of the car was too good to pass up.

No doubt I will pop up on the forum with many silly questions being a newbie so bear with me. I look forward to sharing the passion

Andrew
'02 Alfa 156 Selespeed Wagon

John Hanslow

Welcome.  Let us know how you go. If you have time come aong to a Club Night and talk to some members to get a few ideas of what can be done to improve the car or change your driving experience.

Cheers.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

dehne

jump on ebay there is always sports sup for sale and heaps of other parts to
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

italmum

Congrats on your new car!! I myself have the Manual...not a big fan of selespeeds..

I'm the complete opposite to you lol...after years owning Alfa's..I have now found myself purchasing a Commodore! purely for the seat space, once you own an Alfa...you will never go back though ;) goodluck!
Past - 1979 Red Alfetta 2000
Present- 2001 Red 156 Monza (avalaible for sale if anyone is interested, but not too sad if she stays)
Unfortunate Present - 08 60th anniversary commodore Black (damn u new car seat rules!!)