recommendations for stick on graphics supplier

Started by 116gtv, February 01, 2010, 10:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

116gtv

Gents,

I want to get some stick on graphics done for one of my cars and am looking for some recommendations.

Perhaps from some of the guys that had their race car stripe done in stick on vinyl rather than paint.

I can pick a web store and order on-line but was hoping for feed back from other alfisti. What i want is to send of an image file for someone to computer print and cut graphics that I can fit to the car - looking for material that is intended for car paint/outdoor use/shop fronts which will last for while.. I suspect they use some laminated vinyl of some sort..?

Many thanks,

Martin

dehne

look for your local graffix store or sign writer can you post a pic of what you are after if its just strips thats easy to get ive got friends who do this where are you in nsw anyway
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

116gtv

thx guys, i'm after the multicolour turbodelta stradale strip that goes between the wheel arches so its not just a plain vinyl colour cut. i'm in sydney but that doesnt really matter. choderboy, have you had stuff done by Jeff?

Evan Bottcher

I've had some graphics cut by Jeff, and seen plenty of other folks cars done.  Thumbs up from me.  Send him a PDF or EPS file and he'll make the stickers no problem.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Jekyll and Hyde

Quote from: 116gtv on February 01, 2010, 11:10:21 PM
thx guys, i'm after the multicolour turbodelta stradale strip that goes between the wheel arches so its not just a plain vinyl colour cut. i'm in sydney but that doesnt really matter. choderboy, have you had stuff done by Jeff?

Jeff does great work, have a few on my car that he's done, and seen him do plenty of others.  Not to mention he must be credited for supplying the race numbers for all the Alfa club sprints!

Repco Lad

Hi 116,

Have you installed graphics before? If not, it's really easy to get it wrong. Usually with graphics, even a tiny error in judgement will show up straight away, and you will kick yourself every time you see it, or waste money by getting another decal made.

In a past life (as 'Barn boy' this time) , many a  young punter would pay $$$ for a graphic and pass on the install, particularly around Auto Salon time; only to stuff it up. The install is the key.

Did some-one say you were in Sydney? Buy local and get it installed locally. Check out some of the larger Autobarns, or get a copy of Auto Salon/ fast fours etc mag, and thumb through- there is a thriving community of air-brushers and graphics businesses now and all they do is install this type of stuff. Plus they will have the latest materials that stand up to being on the outside of a car

Good luck!

116gtv

thanks guys, and good point, repco... I'll check it out..

John A Pucak