Front Roll Centre adjustment Vs Rules

Started by Colin Byrne, January 17, 2007, 08:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin Byrne

I'd really like to adjust the front roll centre of my car with some of those top outer ball joint risers, talking with Branko the other day he said they came out on the GTA's and therefore where a factory option for the standard cars?  The new tarmac rally rules read

"The car" shall mean the base model of the car, inclusive of options published in official sales brochures of the manufacturer and available through the general distribution network of the manufacturer.

The onus is at all times on the competitor to provide proof that component is in fact a genuine option, and if this cannot be provided the Technical Commissioner of Chief Scrutineer may either request that the component be removed (prior to the start of the event ) or instigate a charge.

So does this rule allow me to run them? Do the historic guy's run them?.  It's not like it's an inconspicuous modification but would defiantly be beneficial especially after lowering the car.  Anyone got any thoughts on this?
72' 105 2000 GTV Red (tarmac rally/race car)
74' 105 2000 GTV Blue (road car)
68' 105 1600 Giulia Super White (Not sure yet)
01' Nissan Pathfinder (Tow car/Alfa support vehicle)

vin sharp

Colin,
From GTA Stradale parts manual: part# 105.32.21.118.00. Description; Attachment X 2.
From Autodelta Performance Options Catalogue rev.Feb. 1977:                                                            part# 10551.21.118.99. Quantity; 2. Description; knuckle riser extension. Model/type; ALL 105 series.
Clear enough I think !!!
Vin.