ALFA 33 AWD 4X4???

Started by ALFA156DALE, January 10, 2010, 03:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALFA156DALE

Hello fellow Alfas,
                        I am looking at buying another alfa after falling in love with this alfa aswell as mine that i only brought a few months ago. its an 1984 Alfa 33 AWD (4X4) I was wondering whether anyone out there has any info on what the awd's are like, is the awd reliable or expensive to replace and/or are there any other problems with them. My dad sold his 33 fwd probably about two years ago to one of my brothers mates and he wreaked it in about 6 months  :'( he didnt fill it up with coolant it soon over heated and died, why are people so cruel. So if you have any info on these 33 awd's it would be greatly appriciated.

PS: My brothers mate who killed the other 33 is after another alfa (after doing the same to kill his car now) , a 156, any suggestions or should he just stay away from ruining ALFAs.

Thanks Dale
-------------------------------
Alfa 156 2.5ltr V6
Land Rover TDI 300
Holden Kingswood 202

lombardi

Hi, have had a 33 4wd wagon 85 model,very reliable,excellent to drive with the classic twin webber motor,beautiful interior,i picked mine up from fishwick[canberra] visrtually rust free,bought from a dealer for 2300 ,it gave me years of trouble free motoring,in the wet with 4wd engaged it was like on rails,this car was way ahead of its time[as most alfas],u ask also about 156,this is a car that won many awards,truly a bargain nowadays,when choosing one make sure service history,especially timing belts done every 60k.no other car gives u enjoyment of ownership or makes u feel good-just as top gear said-ALFAS ARE FOR NICE PEOPLE- buona fortuna with your purchase.ciao
forza lazio,viva l'alfa

Current Alfa=

Giulietta 2015 QV manual Ghiaccio

1974 Spider series 2 ,carabinieri blu

Previous Alfas=

33x4 1985 wagon
33 ti 1985
156 sportswagon manual red
Alfetta sportiva 1981 red
166 silver 1999

Martinsifredi

Hi there,

The 33 4x4 is a beautiful example of a car designed by Pininfarina that has stood the test of time . It is really a modern classic sport wagon :-)
If you need any help with this car , please email or ring Extreme body repairs (Lee Parra)  email extbw@bigpond.com.au or ph- 9793 8074.
You will also get expert mechanical support from Mauceri Motors Ph-9 543 6466.
Hope this helps ,

Martin
MartinSifredi
Classic and Modern
Concours Automobile Presentation
Ph 0425 735 814