Current Model Spider roof problem

Started by GregSale, January 08, 2010, 02:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GregSale

Hi
I've had my spider back to the dealer a few times trying to sort out a problem with the roof operation stopping.
Recently they said that the lining inside the well that the roof stores in had come away, so after 2 days the car was returned (they gave me a lovely 147 to drive while they had my car) - the problem is worse.
It happens most often when the "lumps" behind the rollover hoops are just about to come down - within 50-75mm of closed - but it does happen in other places.
Before it goes back to Mr Z on the 18th, has anyone else had this problem and knows the cause so I might be able to point the dealer in the right direction
Cheers
2007 Spider Black

alan221

I had mine in to the same for a jammed open roof which has to be reset by the dealer and got a free dent in the metal cover so check closely when you pick it up as I didn't notice the dent till I washed it later ..

GregSale

Thanks for the help...........
It went back.got fixed................again.................feel sorry for the dealer as it did not happen while it was in..........same problem again a few day later.drove straight to the dealer and he could see that one of the motors that operates the flaps on the side was not holding the flap folded in 100% when going down...tripping a sensor..so he has ordered a new motor for the flap....hooray !
2007 Spider Black