1983 red Alfa Romeo GTV6 for Sale "SOLD"

Started by ANT_GTV6, December 06, 2009, 02:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANT_GTV6

Hi everyone,

The red 1983 GTV6 has a creamy coloured interior, split dash and no sunroof. I have owned it for two and a half years and it was intended as my sprint car but that dream has to be put off for a few years. It will be sold unregistered. It has done about 270,000kms but it has an engine from a 1985 Alfa 90 which has done about 210,000kms with rebuilt heads at 190,000kms. I still have the original engine for originality purposed but it has a burnt valve. The paintwork is fairly faded. The interior has seen better days with a few tears in the seats and a cracked dash. The is rust in the right hand side mudgaurd and a little bit in the left hand side sill. The rear left indicator, speedo, cd player, left had side electric window do not work. It sometimes has trouble starting and a miss when driving cold but dissapears once warmed up fully. It will come with Alfa 90 original rims with worn tyres. Drives beautifully and has a reasonably good gearbox considering the age of it. It has 30mm torsion bars fitted but will only have standard suspension everywhere else as im removing it for my other car. It is slightly lower than normal and also has new ball joints fitted for racing. It has an oil and filter change every 7000kms. Any enquires welcome. Either post them here, send me a pm or email me at anthonyshunter@hotmail.com or Ph on: 0439833944. Car located in Toowoomba, Queensland

$3300 o.n.o

Cheers Anthony

MD

Anthony, best wishes for securing a sale. Sorry to hear you are dropping out of racing as  I know how keen you are but I do understand regarding putting your income where it is needed the most for now.

I must say your summary of the vehicles respective total conditions is about as honest as I have  seen for a while-the good bad and the ugly.

I have looked at the carsales.com ad and I am pleased to see that finally vendors are starting to realise that these cars have been under valued for a long time.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

ANT_GTV6

Thanks MD. Sorry for the late reply. Yeah i wish i didnt have to drop out but buying a house and getting married will eat up my finances. I still might try to do the italian challenge though. Have a merry christmas. Hope to catch up soon.

Ive finally found time to get some pictures up they are from last year though and ive swapped the mags between both cars.

carjunky

If you look under Alfetta's on Car sales .com, most of the GTV 6's are there . For some reason they are not listed under GTV6. You may then get a better idea of what the GTV 6's are selling for.

Sandro

hey have you still got the red alfa available?
would i be able to see a few more photos of it?

cheers :D

ANT_GTV6

Hi Sandro,

Yes its still available. There are some more pictures available if you go to the Qeensland part of the forum and look for "For sale Red Alfa Romeo GTV6" If you would still like some more I can take some for you.
Cheers,

Anthony

Storm_X

sll yours for 12grand and u can buy both of these and still have money left over
"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

Sandro

im interested in the interior for any of these. do you have any other photos of the interior ? thanks

ANT_GTV6

Hi Sandro sorry for the late reply. I have photos of both style of interiors for you. I hope thats what you were after.

bornalfista

Hello Anthony,

could i please have some more pictures of the interior (full seats and door trims) and exterior including the mentioned rust spots of the silver GTV.

Many thanks.

Mario.

ANT_GTV6

Hi Mario,

Ill send you an email with the pictures i dont have the program anymore to shrink their size to post here.

Thanks,

Anthony

MD

An excellent Freeware 5 star rated program for anyone who needs this digitial imaging stuff:

http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Sheldon McIntosh

Shit, that is a good program.  It took me literally two minutes to download it and resize 5 pics. 

Cheers MD.

MD

Yeah Sheldon, I have been using a bigger version of it for years and it is a great little tool for free. I have had no technical issues with it at all.

So Anthony...

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

ANT_GTV6

Yes MD... thanks for the program it works great. Ill have to catch up with you at a club event again one day.

These are all pics of the red Alfa, I have decided to keep the silver GTV6 a restore it back to driving condition as my one and only car, even with approval from my wife. Sorry to everyone interested.