VHRR Phillip Island Classic 2007 - March 9,10,11 - Entry Forms

Started by Scott Farquharson, December 07, 2006, 12:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Farquharson

Entry Form for the 2007 Phillip Island Classic is available at the following link

http://www.vhrr.com/forms/Shannons-Classic-2007-Complete-Set.pdf

Note the following from the VHRR:

From: Grant Campbell [mailto:grantcampbell@optusnet.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, 7 December 2006 10:28 AM
To: Grant Campbell
Subject: Groups Sa, Sb, at Phillip Island March 9th 10th & 11th 2007 (c)

Hi all,

Next years Phillip Island Classic will combine Groups Sa, Sb & Sc. Naturally this will mean very full grids, half full already in fact. To avoid disappointment, make sure you get your entry in asap.

Regards

Grant
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

alfagtv58

My entry should be in the mail tonight.....no turning back now! ;D
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Scott Farquharson

Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Fast Eddie

and i chased themfor forms 2 weeks ago and still aint got a reply >:(

thanks, i will do mine now
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Fast Eddie

Hey, what's the deal with marquees? The entry form shows an optional cost of $200 to hire?  what if you dont want them to supply at this cost.  Can i set up my own or will you have room for me assuming there are already at least 3 of you - Scott, Phil and Neil?

just a little confused given it is my first time entering such an event

Ed
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Scott Farquharson

If you don't have your own transporter/covered trailer/quickshade then you can hire a garage or marquee.  Garages are basically on a 1st in basis, marquees are usually allocated along category lines.  (ie, all Grp S cars together, Grp C together etc)  I will be taking at least 2 quickshades - could I suggest that we try and have all our cars together.  If you have some sort of marquee then bring it - we will use one for seating/catering, the rest for cars.  If some cars are not covered thru the day then that's ok but we will have somewhere undercover to sit, eat and work on a car if needed.
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Fast Eddie

so... you arent hiring from VHRR but bringing your own ( as per usual) and we should try to set up together?   So i should bring my shelter and put down on the entry form that i want to be near you and Phil for example  (up close n persona)l  ;D
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Paul Newby

Scott

Camp Veloce will be travelling Mexico way! At last count we have 5 Group S cars coming down on a transporter. There could be more, plus 2 Group N and 1 Group C Alfas coming on trailers. There could well be more (we have a Group S guy that comes from Cooma.) We've all entered.

The logistics haven't been sorted yet, but Camp Veloce usually marks out its territory on Thursday afternoon and we erect 6 el-cheapo carports. You guys should set up your quickshades next to ours so that it will be one big happy Alfa family.

We really need to coordinate this so that we are all together in the PI paddock!
1974 2000 GT Veloce (Le Mans Blue) - Restoration project
1975 Alfetta GT (Periwinkle Blue Metallic) - Group S racer - Sold!
2009 147 Monza 3Dr (Kyalami Black) - Don't ask!
2010 VW Passat R36 Wagon (Biscay Blue) - Daily Driver
2015 VW Golf GTI Performance (Night Blue) - Wife's Runabout

alfagtv58

Oh well, I guess I will aim to get there Thursday afternoon too.  But I have no tenty thing....all funds currently going into the car, if it is wet (which it will NOT be, Victoria doesn't have bad weather) I will hudle under one of yours!
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

alfagtv58

I meant to ask, what will be the go with Dorian timers, do you hire them or buy them ???
2009 159 JTS Ti

Scott Farquharson

Quote from: Phil Baskett on December 07, 2006, 08:01:56 PM
I meant to ask, what will be the go with Dorian timers, do you hire them or buy them ???
You can buy from Dorian - http://www.dorian.com.au/index.htm

You may be able to hire but I would just buy one then you can keep the same dorian no. - they are around $400
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Scott Farquharson

Quote from: Paul Newby on December 07, 2006, 06:12:35 PM
Scott

Camp Veloce will be travelling Mexico way! At last count we have 5 Group S cars coming down on a transporter. There could be more, plus 2 Group N and 1 Group C Alfas coming on trailers. There could well be more (we have a Group S guy that comes from Cooma.) We've all entered.

The logistics haven't been sorted yet, but Camp Veloce usually marks out its territory on Thursday afternoon and we erect 6 el-cheapo carports. You guys should set up your quickshades next to ours so that it will be one big happy Alfa family.

We really need to coordinate this so that we are all together in the PI paddock!

Ok Guys - we will have one huge Camp Alfa - Paul, I know you guys setup over the back of the paddock near Honda however we will need to setup closer to the group c marquee - we could rope off a large area right next to us which give us the whole area directly opposite the group c marquee which is usually just to the left entering the bottom paddock.  Would that be ok?

We will have the following Alfa's - Scott (possibly 2 cars), Hugh, Ed, Phil plus Nev's Grp a Mustang.  NSW would have 8 - 10 cars and a 6 cheapo carports.  Ed you bring your shelter, Phil you bring yourself.

We should have Nev's new truck and attached marquee, and 3 - 5 single car quickshades with one allocated for catering/seating/drivers lounge.  We will have generator, compressor, tools and television!

We will be there at Thursday noon ready to setup.  We should try and confirm numbers (Vic numbers are now pretty right) closer to the event and then coordinate Thursday activities arrival times etc.

Sound like a plan?
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Fast Eddie

What a gathering - in complete contrast to last year albeit the Northerners are always there.
Better add a spot for Colin Goundrey too as he is also entered in Regularity with me in our sister cars.
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Scott Farquharson

Done.

We also have a HUGE (about 7 metres long by 1.5 metre high) red factory Alfa banner that we can put up.  It will look great.
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Paul Newby

Quote from: Scott Farquharson on December 07, 2006, 08:38:37 PM
Quote from: Paul Newby on December 07, 2006, 06:12:35 PM
Scott

Ok Guys - we will have one huge Camp Alfa - Paul, I know you guys setup over the back of the paddock near Honda however we will need to setup closer to the group c marquee - we could rope off a large area right next to us which give us the whole area directly opposite the group c marquee which is usually just to the left entering the bottom paddock.  Would that be ok?

We will have the following Alfa's - Scott (possibly 2 cars), Hugh, Ed, Phil plus Nev's Grp a Mustang.  NSW would have 8 - 10 cars and a 6 cheapo carports.  Ed you bring your shelter, Phil you bring yourself.

We should have Nev's new truck and attached marquee, and 3 - 5 single car quickshades with one allocated for catering/seating/drivers lounge.  We will have generator, compressor, tools and television!

We will be there at Thursday noon ready to setup.  We should try and confirm numbers (Vic numbers are now pretty right) closer to the event and then coordinate Thursday activities arrival times etc.

Sound like a plan?

Hi Scott

Its probably a bit too early to know what VRA (Veloce Racing Assoc) are intending to do re setting up in the PI paddock, except we know its imperative to get there on Thursday afternoon to secure a good location.

The beauty of locating down near the fence is that one has a pretty good view of the cars approaching Honda hairpin. I'm not sure that we necessarily want to give that up so that we can be closer to the Group C crowd.

Anyway, its not my decision alone. Its one for the VRA committee and competitors to make, and I don't see up meeting up until early next year.

I will certainly forward your proposition to them at our next meeting and will see how we go.

Cheers
Paul
1974 2000 GT Veloce (Le Mans Blue) - Restoration project
1975 Alfetta GT (Periwinkle Blue Metallic) - Group S racer - Sold!
2009 147 Monza 3Dr (Kyalami Black) - Don't ask!
2010 VW Passat R36 Wagon (Biscay Blue) - Daily Driver
2015 VW Golf GTI Performance (Night Blue) - Wife's Runabout