Phillip Island Sprint Dec 2006

Started by Evan Bottcher, December 18, 2006, 10:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evan Bottcher

Here's a picture Sheldon sent me today - coming through the kink I suddenly had a rear view mirror full of Sheldon's grey 90 battleship coming up behind me.  Naturally I responded as any red-blooded racer would - I sh*t myself and got it all wrong into Honda and Sheldon nearly became ONE with the tail end of my car.  I think I closed my eyes and just hoped at this point...!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Sheldon McIntosh

Yep I had visions of another few bent front panels here!!  I was trying hard to stay in front of the Guilietta, had a thought about outbraking Evan into Honda, then remembered JUST in time how bad my brakes were. 

Worked out quite well considering.  We all just barely got round unscathed.  Until MG when pretty much the same thing happened.  Ha ha.  Good times. :D ;D :D

alfagtv58

Ha ha, I can relate to to that Evan!  The same thing happened to me at Sandown last year when I was approaching the fast kink over the back and Hugh in the 147GTA was bearing down on me.....got it all wrong and I have absolutley no idea how i managed to keep it on the black stuff ;D
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Scott Farquharson

Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)