Electrical Equipment queries building Sc Alfetta GTV

Started by Martyn, November 01, 2009, 02:24:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martyn

Hi All
Can you please advise if the following are required as I am rewiring car which is for Track use onlyto be log booked by CAMS as an Sc.
1.Reversing lights
2.Interior cabin lights
3.Underbonnet light
4.Heater fan and switch
5.Hazard lights switch

Thanks in anticipation from a sandgroper!
Martyn Piercey
105 GTV (building for Nc)
Alfetta GT
76 Spider(in bits)
GTV 2000
1300 GT Junior
147 Selespeed(sold)
Sc Alfetta GTV (sold)

Fast Eddie

It will be interesting to see the replies which you should get from VIC & NSW fellow Sc competitors. 

I believe interior and exterior need to remain original and that will include carpet, door skins, head lining, console, passenger & rear seats Martyn which if i recall you dont currently have fitted in your GTV.
The essence is on keeping the car quite standard other than cams, carbies, exhaust, ROPS and brake pads, lines etc.  Everything else pretty much must remain as it was for that car on the showroom floor.

Having said that i am not to sure on how it will be assessed over here as there isnt much Sc competition compared to VIC & NSW where they might pay more attention to the rules.

I will probably get mine Sc logbooked next year too and it iwll remain pretty much standard other than maybe fitting a race seat in order to better use my harness.
Mind you that is all my personal understanding and i havent attempted logbooking despite preparing 3 Alfetta GTV's for it over the last 4-5 years but several members others over East have so can tell you how it is.

By the way, are you entering Caversham or Vintage stampede?  i have sent my entries in for both so getting excited about some track running again after a 2 plus year absence.
Ed
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Martyn

Hi Ed
This is a completely new car , not the 'Jenny Craig' one I've been driving for the last 5 years.
I have all the CAMS specs etc so my questions are based on these. By the way if you read regs floor coverings are not required in Sc for obvious safety reasons.
The interior lights cannot be fitted as the roll cage on my car is snug to the B pillar.
I am going to Phillip Island next year to compete in both events on consecutive weekends in March.On extremely tight timeframe to get everything sorted.(not going to stampede or Caversham after Albany fiasco this year) Good luck with peparation on your Alfetta if i can help let me know.
Trust NSW & VIC guys can help out please.
Martyn Piercey
Alfetta GT
76 Spider(in bits)
GTV 2000
1300 GT Junior
147 Selespeed(sold)
Sc Alfetta GTV (sold)

Paul Newby

Quote from: Martyn on November 01, 2009, 02:24:30 AM
Hi All
Can you please advise if the following are required as I am rewiring car which is for Track use onlyto be log booked by CAMS as an Sc.
1.Reversing lights
2.Interior cabin lights
3.Underbonnet light
4.Heater fan and switch
5.Hazard lights switch

Thanks in anticipation from a sandgroper!

Hi Martyn,

To answer your question, I would just worry about the reversing lights. I've never seen a scrutineer check these, but it is a good idea to have these working just for driving around the paddock.

To answer Fast Eddie you don't need carpets, but centre console, rear seats, door trim and headlining must remain.
1974 2000 GT Veloce (Le Mans Blue) - Restoration project
1975 Alfetta GT (Periwinkle Blue Metallic) - Group S racer - Sold!
2009 147 Monza 3Dr (Kyalami Black) - Don't ask!
2010 VW Passat R36 Wagon (Biscay Blue) - Daily Driver
2015 VW Golf GTI Performance (Night Blue) - Wife's Runabout

Scott Farquharson

1.Reversing lights
2.Interior cabin lights
3.Underbonnet light
4.Heater fan and switch
5.Hazard lights switch

Very, very technically - yes - all should be working, however I have never seen a scrutineer check interior lights (these may be inoperable anyway because of roll cage fitment), underbonnet light or hazard lights, or for that matter any of the rest.  These are not really the major issues scrutineers are worried about either for safety or eligibility and you are highly unlikely to get pulled up on any of them.

As mentioned already, all the interior must be in place except carpets/floor coverings - centre console, rear seats, door trim and headlining etc

Good luck.

Scott
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Martyn

Thanks Scott & Paul.Thats a lot less soldering and heat shrink left to do!
Martyn Piercey
Alfetta GT
76 Spider(in bits)
GTV 2000
1300 GT Junior
147 Selespeed(sold)
Sc Alfetta GTV (sold)