Our very own "barn find"...

Started by Evan Bottcher, November 26, 2006, 11:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItalCarGuy

Hi Evan,
this is the toolkit and jack that is correct for your car. Sorry dont have a spare.

Evan Bottcher

Thanks Derek - I'll have to hunt around the usual suspects or bid ridiculous prices to get one of those jacks methinks.  The correct toolkit may be a lifetime's work.

The way forums work we just jumped over the page fold, so I'm going to re-list my other questions:

1.  What were the correct hose clamps for a 1968 Alfa?  (I'll have a look in my parts manual later)  What are opinions on modern replacements?
3.  What colour was the plating on the Lockheed large single booster?
2.  Has anybody got the clamp that goes around the radiator overflow tank? (or know of a supplier)

thanks,
Evan.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Evan Bottcher

The surround on the steering column has the usual broken 'towers' where it bolts up at the front.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Evan Bottcher

Brake calipers and brake and clutch masters ready for clean up and rebuild.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Evan Bottcher

Body repairer came to see the car the other day, and looks like he'll be able to start our project sooner than I expected – possibly as early as mid-January.  I'm not in a hurry it's been waiting a long time but really happy to be booked in and ready to get started.  We discussed what panels are likely to be needed, and I have a list of repair sections that I expect to buy.

Great to have things moving again!  Merry Christmas to everyone and a happy 105 new year!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Evan Bottcher

Opened up the boxes shipped from Alfaholics today.  I haven't unwrapped the new seat covers fully – they look amazing however.  This was a big wedge of the most expensive trim items for the project, I still have a long list of items to find either repro, NOS, or to renovate.

A couple more photos here: http://alfa.bottch.com/2010/12/new-bits-1-santa-delivers/
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Evan Bottcher

Some other bits that arrived recently.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Paul Gulliver

Did Fi make you stay in bed until sunrise. The suspense must have been killing you.
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

Evan Bottcher

Posted some more photos of trim bits we've had lying around in a box for ten years: http://alfa.bottch.com/2010/12/new-and-old-bits-3/

Does anyone know a source of reproductions (or NOS but sheesh) of the grab handles?  As in the second image below.  I remember trying to polish the alloy case on these and it's okay, but would prefer new and haven't been able to find any.  I have new white plastic lenses (somewhere).
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Evan Bottcher

A shipment from IAP in the states. Inner and outer headlight rubbers, a boot (trunk) seal, and some rubber floor bungs.  Nothing exciting here, but satisfying nonetheless.  Should hear from body restorer this week with a timeline to start work.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Evan Bottcher

Car is almost ready to wheel out to the panel shop.  Pulling some more bits off but leaving it on it's wheels for now.

Details at http://alfa.bottch.com/2010/12/1750-gtv-december-2010/
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Evan Bottcher

The plating on these indicators is fairly pitted, I doubt it will rub out so will have to look for some replacements.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Evan Bottcher

A couple of weeks back I posted on my website a couple of photos of what the car looked like when we last drove her in 1999.  Only drove her for a few weeks before we took her off the road to do a few jobs, patch some rust, tidy the interior etc.  Funny how time flies.

http://alfa.bottch.com/2010/12/introducing-1750-gtv/

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

mario-jnr

evan i think ive got an origional spare jack for your 1750,it might need some paint but it works,ive just finished my resto on my 72 jnr and i think its in amongst spares colected through the restoration,
if you pay the postage its all yours gratis [who says there is no santa] im in brisbane,if your keen send me a pm or email marioromano5@aol.com  cheers mario

Evan Bottcher

Does anyone have a spring compressor suitable for the front end of the 105 that I could borrow in the next couple of weeks? 

If not I'll get some threaded rods and lower the pan that way (method described here), but sounds like it'll be heaps easier with the right tool!

Email, PM, or 0400 013 175 - would be much appreciated!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV