Our very own "barn find"...

Started by Evan Bottcher, November 26, 2006, 11:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pep105

Im not an expert but ill give it a go

1. Yes your 1750 should have a badge depression in the boot lid, 1750 & 2000 GTVs had the boot badge whereas Juniors and stepnose
   GT/GTVs didn't as far as I know. My Jnr now has a badge as the bootlid is off 72 2000 GTV

2. I don't believe theres rubber seals,  mine didn't have any and I have been told there aren't any. Judging from the advice in the
   last post in thread below there probably shouldn't be.

http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=6334.0

Hope this helps
Cheers
Pep
Current
'74 GT 1600 Junior  (Currently under restoration)
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Fiat 131 Superbrava Mk II
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

Sportscar Nut

Evan

My understanding is that the S1 1750 should have NO badge depression in the boot lid metal and also confident no rubber seals on door handles.

Interesting that your car was sold by J Wright & Son as always assumed mine was sold by MW Motors at 544 Elizabeth St, Melb (only Melb Alfa dealer in 1969). Believe the "M" is a Manton relation - re Volvo's.

Piecing my 105 interior back together after changing dash/ interior wood/ overhaul instrumentation etc etc. Would love to see your 105 and Sud (of course - the best).

Cheers
Paul

Evan Bottcher

Ok - that's one each way on the badge depression :)  Some more research required, but from what I've read so far I agree series 1 1750 had no depression.

There were door handle gaskets (I've bought some repros from Highwood) but I believe they were only fitted to cars in Germany (?!).  I'll try to find some more out about that...

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Evan Bottcher

Best info on AlfaBB.com suggests the door handle gaskets they were not standard except for cars sold in Germany.  Advised not to try to fit them as they do not fit if they weren't originally on there, and can prevent the handle mechanism from working.  Also found further advice to use silicone when fitting the handles.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Evan Bottcher

I posted some photos of bits (mostly rubber bits) I bought from Highwood Alfa about a year ago.
here: http://alfa.bottch.com/2011/01/new-bits-8/
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Evan Bottcher

I bought a rebuild kit for the Lockheed single booster (square-ish profile).  Any recommendations for someone to do the rebuild?
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Evan Bottcher

Tidying up the garage, now the body has gone to Sam's.  I had another set of big shelves put up in the garage (thanks Alby!), so I've been able to stow away properly a lot of the car parts lying around the place.  Having a close look at the bumpers, they look pretty good and straight.  On the rear bumper there are some small dents on the corners pieces - on the little corner plates that cover the join to the side pieces.  Has anyone ever replaced these small sections?

The front bumper looks a bit rugged in the centre - different sized rivets used and awkward fitment.  The bumper does look straight to my eye though...
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Evan Bottcher

Here's the parts manual page - the parts I'm after are 105.02.59.413.00 and 105.02.59.414.00.  Anyone ever seen replacements?  Or can they be straightened.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

AikenDrum105

Shiny bits !

That rubber pedal seal is second only in pain and anguish to the petrol tank inlet to flap rubber housing...  Boiling water and wd-40.... (and I still split one of mine.. grrr)

Scott
'66 Giulia Super 105.28.720988 TS+MS3+ITB+COP
'65 Giulia Sprint GT 105.04.753710
'04 156 JTS Sportwagon

Earlier follies...
'66 Duetto 105.05.710057
'85 GTV6
'71 1750 GTV

Davidm1600

Hi Evan, all original condition series 1 1750s I have ever seen do have the boot badge in a depression just as later model GTVs.  Similarly, all the books on 105 GTVs I have (and I have quite a number) all show series 1 1750s having the boot badge.  My series 1 on the other hand doesn't, as the bootlid is a replacement, and the replacement bootlid I have bought for my car came off a flushness 1600 and it too doesn't have the depression for the badge.  I needed a better bootlid as mine is rusty on the edge.

Likewise I too can confirm I have never seen the door handle gasket on a 105 GTV. 

Can't help out where to get your brake booster rebuilt but so long as your bumpers are not too bad, given the are stainless steel, a decent bodyworks should be able to hammer out any dents for you and you could then take them to a metal polisher/chrome plater to make them nice and shiny for you.

I havn't tired Highwood in the UK for parts but a mate of mine gets all his parts for his 2L Berlina from them.  I have used Classic Alfa, Alfaholics and Milanos.   In needing a range of parts for both my Giulia Super and 1750 GTV, what I did was do a cross comparison and from my experience it does pay to shop around a little as different suppliers seem to ask different prices.  However, for most of what I needed Classic Alfa were a little less expensive on the whole. 

Look forward to seeing how well your car comes up after Sam has weaved his magic. Dave
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Evan Bottcher

Current state of the Lockheed booster.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Evan Bottcher

Front indicator / parking light assemblies.  They're a bit butchered.

Rear license plate lights are rusted firmly in place.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Evan Bottcher

Right hand front quarter window (second photo) - I broke off the little cast pivot stud.  Doesn't look repairable, so looking for a replacement window frame.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

Hey Evan,

I have a right hand side indicator assembly in pretty good condition and the A-pillar window frames if you are interested.

Cheers,
Marco.
Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).

cjheath

Quote from: Evan Bottcher on January 28, 2011, 08:31:31 AM
Right hand front quarter window (second photo) - I broke off the little cast pivot stud.  Doesn't look repairable, so looking for a replacement window frame.

Evan,

I have a pair of these frames here which I doubt I'll ever need.