The " Yellow Peril" Group Sc GTV project

Started by Fast Eddie, November 18, 2006, 09:16:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fast Eddie

well as you say, some people have no idea... even supposed exhaust experts.  Time will tell with these, but until i get the motor on all cylinders... :-\

So dont worry Vin - eventually a spare donk will make it's way to Park Orchards to be turned into a Jim Neilsen beating monster Sc engine.

The seats are particularly special arent they? and shock, horror - the door trims match as did the steering wheel and gearstick boot that originally made up this set.  why would someone decorate an Italian car in German colours?  Gott in Himmel!

Fortunately, a replacement interior has been sourced.  all i need now is a decent period sports steering wheel - anyone got one gathering dust that'll fit? ???
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Scott Farquharson

Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Fast Eddie

Yellow Peril update...
It's now on Historic reg plates (i got allocated old stock CH plates, not the new H plates... go figure) and is now parked in the driveway at home along with the Sprint, GTA and Bec's Astra having collected it from Bruno's last night.  Quite a squeze.
A little more than just a new set of plugs was required - we needed new rings on all 4 pistons, at least 1 new pot, a decent set of 2 litre cams and a ported head.  Still got the spaghetti extractors on for now as Vin's cost too much and they sound good :P

Once i get back form Christmas in Perth, i will set about trying to make it look a little more presentable inside and out ready it for a drive or 2 and P.I.  I will put up some new photos next week.

My regularity berth @ P.I. Classis is booked as is my accomodation and crew and parking spot with the rest of the Group S gang.
The car willl go back to Maranello before then for some brake, exhaust and suspension preparation.

Until then... Merry Christmas to all
Fast Eddie
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Scott Farquharson

Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

alfagtv58

Whats the update Edward ???  All things still on track for PI?  Will you be doing a 'shakedown' at Winton the weekend before?
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Fast Eddie

all on track.   ;D entered, paid and accepted for regularity class @ P.I.  Dorian and accomodation booked also.

The 'Yellow Peril' has been cleaned up cosmetically and had new pistons, rings, cylinders and cams fitted, made 'roadworthy' and is now sporting CH plates. 
The EMR on sunday FEB 04 through the Black and Reefton spurs will be it's first run and be a great "running in" day as we will do a good 200k that day.

Then it will go back to Maranello mid feb for work on brakes, suspension and exhaust, fit the harness and maybe a seat in order to get it "track worthy" prior to P.I.

I will run my gold Rial rims and D01s as i am not tyre restricted in regularity but when i can afford it (read sold the sprint) i want to fit Superlites and A048s.

Got some more photos to ad but nothing like what you, Scott and Colin have done.

Cant wait to run the car on the EMR then let it loose @ P.I.
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Fast Eddie

A few more shots taken the day before the EMR "Twin Spurs" run last sunday.
Put the car through 270k's of running in through the Black Spur to Marysville then the Reefton Spur via Lake Mountain to Warburton.

The car didnt miss a beat but the drone of the stuffed diff in the cockpit (no sound deadening) was a bit much over 2.5 hours.  Clutch was a bit iffy but all in all a very satisfying day driving reasonably hard in high 30's.

A few jobs to do and the "Yellow Peril" will be all ready for a cruse down to P.I. and a blast or 2 around that fine circuit in March.
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Fast Eddie

Incidentally, the green 105 Berlina belongs to Gordon, my father, who has recently joined AROCA Vic having crossed over from the dark (Renault) side. ;D
Fiona Bottcher is also in the shot as is Evan with his back to the camera and Bec, behind my dad, readying to leave Marysville for stage 2 - the wicked Reefton Spur.

Bec was even satisfied with the day and the ride and how the GTV went, except for the damn diff droning all day in our ears. :P
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Scott Farquharson

So after it's first official run - have you now left the dark side (suds and 33's) and become a fully a fledged Alfetta man? 

Also isn't it time to update your signature photo??  The yellow peril deserves the spot!
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Fast Eddie

The "Red Rocket" sprint is still well and truly my baby and i am struggling with the concept of selling it ::) but... my first true love has always been a well turned out early GTV.

Thought only yesterday about changing the signature pic but might wait til i get a few shots from P.I. when it is wearing it's warpaint ;D
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Fast Eddie

Gee Scott, maybe i might just change my avatar after all but not to the Yellow Peril as it is now up for sale! (see separate post).

I have gone down a different path but one that may actually get me to my destination sooner than i had originally planned. ;)
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Blake

Ed, is the path coloured in red????? I think you just beat me to it by about 30 seconds, that was my path aswell. I was looking at the car while you were on the phone making the deal that i was going to make. Congrats though, its a good little thing. cant wait to see it on the track, im very jelous.

Blake

Fast Eddie

Things go faster if they are red  ;D
I do apologise for stealing your thunder but i have been watching the car for a month or so when it was first offered.

Yellow is a great colour too...and so is the car...can i tempt you to consider my yellow GTV? ???  It's just had a major engine rebuild and is much fresher than the red one you saw today.
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Blake

It was a good buy, and a great little car. I did manage to get a drive before i left, very nice. At the moment i cant afford your yellow GTV, but we will see what happens in the future. Enjoy the car and cant wait to see it on the track.

Fast Eddie

thanks, it seemed way to cheap to miss out on...  If you want to see the yellow one some time let me know.  Price is definitely negotiable.   I cant afford 5 Alfas including 3 race cars ::) so the yellow one must sell ASAP.

Ed
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV