Historic Group S - CAMS Vehicle Specification Sheets

Started by Scott Farquharson, November 15, 2006, 12:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Farquharson

These are the CAMS Historic Group S Specification Sheets for eligible Alfa vehicles.

The Alfetta GT (1.8L) is attached below, the Alfetta GTV (2.0L) and other models are to come.  I will upload as soon as I get them.

The specification sheet is the approved Group S specification for a particular model.  Vehicles must comply with this specification and should be read inconjunction with the Group S technical rules contained in the CAMS manual (also in the download section).  Don't forget that you can run the larger engine from later models as per previous discussion on the forum. (no Twin Sparks of course)
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

alfagtv58

Thats correct Branko, it is for an Alfetta GT, not GTV.  I requested a GTV one but was sent the wrong one, as Scott has a GT I sent it to him!!  I will get back to CAMS tomorrow when the guy who I spoke to will be in again.  I will post a copy when I get it.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Paul Newby

Quote from: Scott Farquharson on November 15, 2006, 12:25:00 PM
These are the CAMS Historic Group S Specification Sheets for Alfetta's

Alfetta GT
Alfetta GTV (to come)

Hi Scott

I'm curious to see what is on these spec sheets, but am unable to download the pdf due to forewall issues.

Can you PM me?

Cheers
Paul
1974 2000 GT Veloce (Le Mans Blue) - Restoration project
1975 Alfetta GT (Periwinkle Blue Metallic) - Group S racer - Sold!
2009 147 Monza 3Dr (Kyalami Black) - Don't ask!
2010 VW Passat R36 Wagon (Biscay Blue) - Daily Driver
2015 VW Golf GTI Performance (Night Blue) - Wife's Runabout

Scott Farquharson

There is a specification sheet for each vehicle - as soon as we have other I will upload them.

Paul, I will email it to you.
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

branko.gt

Here is the 1750 GTVeloce spec sheet

alfagtv58

I just noticed on Branko's Spec sheet for the 1750 GTV, the wheel (& tyre) size allowed states "6 x 14 or 15".
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Scott Farquharson

Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

branko.gt

Quote from: Phil Baskett on November 28, 2006, 11:33:37 AM
I just noticed on Branko's Spec sheet for the 1750 GTV, the wheel (& tyre) size allowed states "6 x 14 or 15".

On the other hand Alfetta GT can only have 14" wheels.  ???
Interestingly brake calipers for alfetta GT are listed as "ATE alloy".  :o  ??? ;)  :D

It would appear that CAMS historic commision is not the best informed body and their specifications are full of arbitrary prescriptions which they then insist on adhering to religiously! Gotta love CAMS !  ???

vin sharp

Quote from: Branko Turk on November 28, 2006, 11:49:51 AM
Quote from: Phil Baskett on November 28, 2006, 11:33:37 AM

On the other hand Alfetta GT can only have 14" wheels.  ???
Interestingly brake calipers for alfetta GT are listed as "ATE alloy".  :o  ??? ;)  :D

It would appear that CAMS historic commision is not the best informed body and their specifications are full of arbitrary prescriptions which they then insist on adhering to religiously! Gotta love CAMS !  ???

HINT...any discrepancies in CAMS specs that are an advantage to you are to be strictly adhered to.....discreetly of course.....!

Scott Farquharson

Looking at the Specification sheets it has become apparent that there are a number of errors and inconsistencies in these documents.  Please let me know if you have any issues with these sheets and I will compile them and pass them onto the eligibility officer and CAMS.  One example is the location of the battery - the Alfetta sheet specifies that the location is under the bonnet - this is incorrect, many had the battery in the boot (if they had a/c).  Any others let me know.
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Fast Eddie

I assume you kept the queries we raised at our inaugural Group S meeting and will raise these?  I cant remember all of them just now but we had a handful.

cheers.
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Scott Farquharson

Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Beatle

Quote from: Scott Farquharson on January 10, 2007, 09:51:26 AM
Looking at the Specification sheets it has become apparent that there are a number of errors and inconsistencies in these documents.  Please let me know if you have any issues with these sheets and I will compile them and pass them onto the eligibility officer and CAMS.  One example is the location of the battery - the Alfetta sheet specifies that the location is under the bonnet - this is incorrect, many had the battery in the boot (if they had a/c).  Any others let me know.

Scott, you sure on this ?  I've had both a '76 GT and a '79 GTV with air and both had the battery at front LHS of the engine bay.  Regardless, it would be WAY preferable to stick it in the boot away from the exhaust.

Paul B
QLD

Past:
'79 GTV - Loyal 1st love
'76 GT - Track entry
'89 75TS - Saved
'76 Alfetta - Sacrificed
'83 GTV6 - NT bullet
'67 Duetto - Fun
'66 Super - Endearing
'92 164 - Stunning
'85 90 - Odd
'04 GT 3.2 Rosso/Tan - Glorious
'02 156 V6 Auto Rosso/Tan - Useful daily

Scott Farquharson

Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Neil Choi

I second that, my a/c equipped GTV has the battery in left corner of boot, car soon to be GpS eventually!!!!  Possibly cream/ivory white, any other colour suggestions.  Or should I go with the majority and do RED.

Neil