Hello Alfahollics

Started by Maty, September 23, 2009, 08:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maty

Hey people, just want to say hi, and see if there are any members around coffs harbour area. Im just about to buy a sud (Again ::) ) ive had a few Alfas over the years and will be building her up as a hill climb beastie
I race because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things

MD

Wrap a Honda S600 shell around the Sud donk for an alternate beastie.. ;D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Sportscar Nut

Well done Maty and be interested to hear your plans for a Sud hillclimb beast! I can give you a few tips on setting up the suspension as per the Sud racing series from the early 1980's if interested (eg lowered engine; subframe; shockers settings etc).

What motor are you planning on running? 1.7 twin carbs are great in the Sud's but very few original parts left globally if you want to rebuild the motor - rebuilt my 1.7 twin carby motor a couple of years ago and took me 6 months to find original factory maximum oversize pistons.

Sud's rule!

PS The thought of wrapping a Honda S600 shell around a Sud motor is simply offensive!

Maty

Always looking for a few tips from people who are in the know. ive been looking on line at how people have made good, all be expencive hourse power out of their little flat fours.... but i do have a few questions

hows the crank stand up to a bit of extra power?
i was thinking of ballancing and hardening it, are they a week point?
lighten the flywheel
ballance and destress the rods
i think some of the 33 pistons were lighter is the the way to go?
i was also thinking of drilling out the oil gallerys and using a dry sump set up as i killed my last sud via oil surge on the road up to fall creek, (7mins faster up then the best of the locals road bikes with a bulk standed single carb) ;D
whats the go with the long primarys in the exhaust do people run this design in racing?
and then a pair of baby superchargers just for fun
can you stroke the 1500 block, hows the rod angles?
i thought i might also add a hho fuel cell.
stich weld the body remove the sound deadening etc seats cage harness new busheses.
no idear about the best wheel offset or handling set up so im all ears....POC 
can the block handel being solid mounted?
and if the guy selling the 4wd sud gets back to me soonish ill start with that. otherwise it will be a inboard break model for the unsprung weigh advantage.

ok so there is no spell check on this thing, owell 
ive got a thick skin so let me know what you think people, give me the good bad and the ulgy
I race because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things