Pictures of hotted up Alfa's

Started by SxcSpider, September 10, 2009, 01:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spieret

Why does everybody jump up and down yelling ricer when someone modifies the body of a car. Europeans were doing long before the japanese. Didn't the 105 GTA have wide body flaring and you old farts all seem to like that one just cause it's from the sixties. I think half of the pictures looked great especially that red 156. If alfa had released that car with that bodykit and slapped the GTA label on it Alfisiti would be drooling. So take it easy oldies before you bend your walking frame and have a heart attack. ;)
Owning a GTV, if i have to explain... you'll never understand...

Current:
1998 916 V6 GTV

alfagtv58

Gotto agree with you spieret.  It's no wonder clubs like ours don't have a huge amount of members under 30, when they come along and say 'hey I like these, what do you rekon' and they get shouted down and belittled like this.......they go elsewhere and say "AROCA, what a bunch of boring old farts".  Do I like these cars, well actually nope, not one bit.  But if SxcSpider likes 'em, good luck to him.

One of things I like about Alfa's (particularly in Aust) is they are non-conformist, so why should we be stomping on someone else's opinion just because he likes something a bit different to what I like.....wouldn't that be a bit contradictory!!
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

dehne

hi phil just letting you know that 'he' is really a 'she'
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

NigelC

Phil,

I think you have hit the nail squarely on the head here.  I also don't like most of the modifications on display in this thread, but the red one does look pretty cool and it is important to grab the youger market for Alfa as well. 

I was recently in Melbourne and a 20 something girl working at a service station was unbelievably enthusiastic about Alfas (she drove a 147), so Alfisti's live on.  Some of the youngsters probably don't like 105s or GTV 2000s because the cars are so old but they can still be fans of the marque. 
Current 2017 Giulia Veloce - Red
Current 1979 Alfa GTV - Ivory (Gp S racer)
Past 2007 Alfa 159 2.2 JTS Rubino Red
Past 2003 Alfa 156 2.0 JTS Red
Past 1979 Alfa GTV Red/Rust

Storm_X

Quote from: NigelC on September 14, 2009, 04:54:53 PM
Phil,

I think you have hit the nail squarely on the head here.  I also don't like most of the modifications on display in this thread, but the red one does look pretty cool and it is important to grab the youger market for Alfa as well. 

I was recently in Melbourne and a 20 something girl working at a service station was unbelievably enthusiastic about Alfas (she drove a 147), so Alfisti's live on.  Some of the youngsters probably don't like 105s or GTV 2000s because the cars are so old but they can still be fans of the marque. 

my self i reckon all the 1st photos posted are a waste of money. i would never do it but hay they did a good job and went way a little over board.

im only 19 and i have owned alfas since i was 16 1st was a giulietta and current a giulietta. im a fan of the early 80 to early 90 alfas. not a big fan of most of these new alfas dont get me wrong they are nice cars inside and out but i like my older style / rear wheel drive cars.
"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

MD

I can't believe how skewed and off topic this thread has become.

I believe the topic is "Pictures of hotted up Alfas". By inference this means modifications that improve the PERFORMANCE of the original vehicle.

APPPEARANCES on the other hand are usually refered to as Customisations.

I have yet to see any engineering details that demonstrate improved performance. What I am seeing is a lot of diatribe about bling, old farts and an identity crisis amongst younger club members none of which belong in this topic set.

Could somebody guide me in a hurry to these pictures of hotted up Alfas before my eyesight fails completely and I have to go for an unscheduled piss due to a weak bladder condition.... ;D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Alfalfa

Quote from: Phil Baskett on September 14, 2009, 04:31:20 PM
Gotto agree with you spieret.  It's no wonder clubs like ours don't have a huge amount of members under 30, when they come along and say 'hey I like these, what do you rekon' and they get shouted down and belittled like this.......they go elsewhere and say "AROCA, what a bunch of boring old farts".  Do I like these cars, well actually nope, not one bit.  But if SxcSpider likes 'em, good luck to him.

One of things I like about Alfa's (particularly in Aust) is they are non-conformist, so why should we be stomping on someone else's opinion just because he likes something a bit different to what I like.....wouldn't that be a bit contradictory!!

Gotta disagree. I'm 21 and have my gtv for just over 2 years now and I can't stand the photos posted so far (as per my previous comment). And it's not just me with that line of thinking, all of my mates who are into cars feel the same way.

Sure there are a few people that will like it when distasteful cosmetic mods (crazy rear wings, neons, massive chrome rims etc) are done but the majority of us like cars in general, not just alfas, to retain much of the original charm, with a slight change here and there.
CLEAR LENSES DO NOT LOOK GOOD ON ALL CARS!!! In fact...off the top of my head I can only say that a 92 integra or 98 shape wrx suits them. But none of this clear lens clear bulb rubbish as per the gold 156 on the 1st page. I mean literally stripping the red off the lens and that's it.

And as far as not having members under 30, I don't think there are that many people under 30 that own alfas..from my experiences anyway. Nobody I've been to high school or uni or tafe or even worked with has owned or does own an alfa...I think that's more the problem.

The old alfa reputation precedes it amongst my age group, full of stories of their parents telling them "oh no don't buy an alfa, it'll rust, you'll break down all the time" blah blah blah, little do they know the joy of owning one, and also they're quite reliable when PROPERLY maintained.  but us knowledgeable folk here are already wise to that  ;)

thats my two cents

Current:
2009 Ford Focus XR5T
1982 Alfetta GTV 2.0 (out to stud)

Previous:
1986 Nissan Pintara Shaggin Wagon

meizhak

I have read this post with much interest, and quite honestly who really gives two squirts of goats p$@s
1979 alfetta gtv 2000`
series 1 alfa 33 1.7i 16v

muzzy66

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but I only just signed up here and saw this thread and...oh my.  In my honest opinion, those cars are absolutey disgusting - though remember this is my opinion.

Oh, and I'm not old, traditionalist, euro badge snob either - I'm 26 years old, I work in the IT industry, an I currently drive an 89 MX5 (looking to buy an Alfa soon, hence why I'm here).

I just like cars that look like cars - cars that look cohesive, as if they were ment to be the way they are.  I really hate all these modified cars which often look as if people have pulled bits from 10 random parts bins and then slapped them together with no thought whatsoever.  Add to that larish, attention seeking paint jobs, oversized pimp like 'chromies' and uneccesary (an illegal) underbody neons, and I just don't get the point - all it does IMO is cheapen the look of the car as well as minimising practicality and drivability.

I've got nothing against aftermarket mods, and I've even seen some fairly aggressively modified Alfa's that still manage to not look rediculous...for example:

Though some of these cars are still not my cup of tea, at east the mods are modertely tasteful...and the car's still look like cars.  It's not a case of being against modding...it's just a case of doing it in a way tht actually suits the car.

Edit: Oops. sorry - I didn' realise exactly HOW old this thread was.

Sheldon McIntosh

Can you make the picture of that GT a bit bigger, I can't quite see it. ;)

muzzy66

Quote from: Sheldon Mcintosh on July 14, 2010, 11:40:36 PM
Can you make the picture of that GT a bit bigger, I can't quite see it. ;)

Hehe sorry, didn't realise how big it was going to be until after I already linked it!

Brad M

I like the GT from that angle, do you have a front shot ... that may change my mind.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

Storm_X

Here is a few pics i have on my computer witch i quite like.

Storm_X

MORE

Storm_X

I could go on longer.

But i want to see what everyone else has.