Lizard Lips Racing BABYCO 6 Hour Post Event Release

Started by Alfpa Repairs, November 07, 2006, 05:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfpa Repairs

Lizard Lips Racing – BABYCO 6 Hour 2006

Tuesday November 7th

For immediate release

Lizard Lips Racing (LLR) completed the BABYCO 6 Hour on the 5th November 2006 which surprised not only the team but the rest of the field.

LLR went to Winton for the event with no expectations and just to have fun "we more than just had fun, we had a ball and best of all finished with no car problems which I think raised a few eyebrows" said team manager Trent Harrison.

Practice Saturday gave new Alfa Romeo driver Nev Butler a chance to learn the long circuit and the other driver's time to spot car problems, the only problem being overheating of the blue Alfetta.

When asked about what he thought of the car Nev joked "I've never driven a car that pulls up so well but goes so slow in a straight line" After the first session Nev proved his ability to adapt to a new car and circuit by posting some impressive lap times.

Hugh Harrison was delighted with how the weekend unfolded "Well both cars finished, it surprised me" having raced many endurance races Hugh completed his sessions with ease.

Scott Farquharson' funky new race boot padding proved invaluable in his long stints in the hot conditions "we added 5 litres of anti-freeze to the radiator to try and bring the water boiling point up to 130 degrees but it still overheated, the car did finish though"

Like the rest of the team Trent Harrison enjoyed his weekend "the event was run faultlessly and I would like to give a big shout out to the all the officials including the flaggies, administration, timing and the people on the pit lane who worked all day in the heat without one complaint"

The LLR team would like to thank Neil Choi and the rest of the organizing committee for running a fantastic event.  They would also like to thank the Flag Marshals, Time Keepers, Administration, Scruitineering, Pit Lane Marshals and the rest of the teams.  They look forward to next years event and encourage all who did not attend or compete to be their.

"Were not thinkers, were drivers" Lizard Lips Racing,

Ph:  +61 0421045487
Email:  trentharrison@monzamotors.biz
Monza Motors, (03) 9720 4442
Alfpa Repairs, (03) 9729 9946
4 Malvern Street Bayswater, VIC, 3153

vin sharp

Your two old Alfetta GT/V "classics..." and the other Alfas showed up a lot of other makes on reliability on the day. Yes, 900 series as well, and the Lotusud. 
I particulary loved the spectacular exploding steam cloud retirement of a TOYOTA powered GTV.....poetic justice...!! (Sorry Mal )
It was a brave decision to run 2 cars only, but it worked well. Was  there a late change in the regs for this or something?....I know of people who didn't enter on the basis that the minimum was 3 cars and they dropped the whole idea based on this after a team member pulled out.   

Malcolm Bull

Glad you enjoyed the show Vin.
The Alfa radiator couldn't cope with all that Japanese power.
The plastic water pump had a few issues aswell.

Scott Farquharson

Yes, the classic Alfetta GT/V.  Was there ever any doubt that they would make the distance?  Each car did well over 100 laps (probably closer to 150 including practice and qualifying), one was bought off ebay only a couple of months ago, the other was from the Monza's wrecking yard, neither had any engine prep other than oil and plugs and a tune, the only mods were koni yellows wound right up, 21 mm torsion bars, race seat and harness and a set of R tires!  Cheap club racing at its best.  Total value of the Blue car with all mods was around $4000!  And that includes a new seat and harness.
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)