Babyco AROCA 6-hr is Great Success!

Started by Scott Farquharson, November 07, 2006, 12:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Farquharson

Tha Babyco AROCA 6-Hr has been run and from the comments of all involved (including me) it was a great success.  I had a rip snorting good time and would like to thank Neil and the organising committee for their work (at times in the face of great adversity) in putting the event on.  A big thank you to all the officials as well who did a great job in an easy going yet official manner.  Roll on 6-Hr 2007!
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Evan Bottcher

Absolutely fantastic weekend out - THE highlight so far of my short motorsport life and I can't wait for next year.  Thanks to everyone involved in running the event from 12 months effort of the organising committee to the officials on the weekend keeping the event running so smoothly.  I really appreciated the courteous and friendly teams and drivers as well making it a great day and not too frightening for a relative beginner.  When I wasn't under the bonnet of my car I did walk up and down the pit lane and everyone was smiles and praise for the event.

Well done AROCA but particularly those who believed in the event enough to push it forward when some of us weren't too sure.

Still big grins here  ;D

To anyone who hesitated and didn't enter this year you missed out big time - make sure we have even more Alfa teams in 2007!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

alfagtv58

I have been lucky enough to make the trek across to Mallala the last two years and have seen just how much fun these events can be.  Although I must say, this past weekend has exceeded my expectations too.  I (and all my team-mates) had an absolute blast.....bring on '07!!!!

Well done to Neil for all the work he has put in (and he has put in a LOT!) over the last 12 months.  Two other people that do need a particular mention are our Clerk of Course Alister Grigg & Assistant CoC Dave Crump, it really was an advantage to have these two experienced guys on the organising committee.  Make sure you thank these three guys personally next time you see them!
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Col Ruck

Fantastic weekend, thank you AROCA Vic, Neil, the organising commitee, fellow competitors and Winton, I know all of us at the MX5 club of Vic had a great time,,Roll on 2007, with even more MX5's entered.  :)

vin sharp

A great event by Neil and Co. in the spirit of the old 6 hour events. That is, grassroots level club based event with across the board involvement by members.
Far more enjoyable than the "$200K Porsche thrashathons" of recent years.
The regularity/handicap format is a winner in encouraging basic club level involvement...when you're on a good thing....
Well done !

ian bennett

congratulations
to all the members of the AROCA
as a team member of the austin healey drivers club vic    i would like to thank the alpha club for a fantastic meeting
i am looking forward to the next one
kindest regards
ian bennett.  ahsdc

ian bennett

PS
i hope that i did not hold you guys up in my blue celica
iAN