Lizard Lips Racing, Media Release BABYCO 6 Hour 2006

Started by Alfpa Repairs, November 02, 2006, 02:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfpa Repairs

Lizard Lips Racing – BABYCO 6 Hour 2006

Thursday November 2nd

For immediate release

Lizard Lips Racing (LLR) will embark on its 6 hour debut in 2006 on the 4-5th of November.  The new regularity relay will be organized by the Alfa Romeo Owners Club of Australia Victorian Division and will be run under AASA rules at Winton Motor Raceway.

The four drivers Hugh Harrison, Trent Harrison, Scott Farquharson and Neville (Nev) Butler are eager to get on the track.  Preparations are almost complete with the teams two Alfa Romeo GTV's being put on the trailer on Friday for their journey to the country track.

When asked about the weekend Neville enthused "it will be great fun", despite Nev not having driven the long circuit, the rest of the team are confident he will learn the extra tarmac very quickly from his vast experience in Group C racing in his Ford Falcon and Mustang.

Two times Victorian Sports Sedan Champion and owner of the Group A Ignis Alfa Romeo GTV6, Hugh Harrison suggested that perhaps "the cars might not last" however "I still cant wait to hit the track", Hugh's experience will be invaluable for all the drivers on the weekend.

Scott Farquharson who has raced in Group C, Marque Sports and Sports Sedans was confident when asked how he would last the long distance event "I don't see much of a problem in driving an hour or more, the cars aren't heavy on the steering"

Formula Ford driver Trent Harrison and Team Manager of LLR is more than ready to go "I packed my race bag and cleaned my helmet on Tuesday, its been a while since I have driven due to sponsorship constraints"

With some 26 teams the BABYCO 6 Hour Relay Race will be one to remember.

For more information on the event please visit www.alfaclubvic.org.au

Lizard Lips Racing,

Ph:  +61 0421045487
Email:  trentharrison@monzamotors.biz
Monza Motors, (03) 9720 4442
Alfpa Repairs, (03) 9729 9946
4 Malvern Street Bayswater, VIC, 3153

Evan Bottcher

I'm half packed and will be on my way in the AM tomorrow - will see you guys up there!  tally ho!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal