GT windscreen wipers

Started by franklee, August 04, 2009, 10:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

franklee

Hello alfa friends,

I have a 2007 GT and the windscreen wipers are a bit squeaky. apparently , you can't replace the blades only and my local dealer has quoted me around $350 to replace the pair . This seemed pretty steep because I thought i was up for 2 wiper refills only! Any ideas?

thanks in advance. 

vicw

Quote from: franklee on August 04, 2009, 10:27:16 PM
Hello alfa friends,

I have a 2007 GT and the windscreen wipers are a bit squeaky. apparently , you can't replace the blades only and my local dealer has quoted me around $350 to replace the pair . This seemed pretty steep because I thought i was up for 2 wiper refills only! Any ideas?

thanks in advance. 

Won't they change it under warranty? Other than that I have heard people raving about Bosch replacements for the Alfa GT which I'm sure wouldn't be anywhere near that cost. They're supposed to be better than the originals. I was going to change to Bosch on my GT but I decided I liked the Alfa Romeo and logo that are stamped in the wiper arms too much. It just makes that little difference.

I can't recollect the Bosch model exactly but there's not that many and if you go to the usual auto parts places they should help.
VicW - Alfa GT 3.2L Coupe '06

Click here for an easy and free way to help care for those in need at The Animal Rescue Site

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).

shiny_car

yes, i vouch for Bosch Aerotwin too. will fit the 147/156/GT/GTA, no probs. just measure up the 'lengths', and buy accordingly.

places like Supercheap stock them, as well as Autobarn, etc. so they are easy to acquire.

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

franklee

thanks for your help, guys. I got hold of another brand (can't remember the name now) at repco and all is good. Initially i wshaving trouble tracking down the Bosch ones.
cheers.