Lowering and new wheels

Started by 101phil, July 15, 2009, 02:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

101phil

Im thinking about lowering my 159 a little bit, at the moment it is sitting a bit too high.. I like the height of the Ti, possibly a bit lower.

Possibly wanting to fit 19"s aswell but I like the standard wheels so lowering may be enough to start with..

Has any one on here lowered their 159, Did you replace the shocks and springs, or just lower springs?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Black 159 2.2 - Our first Alfa and loving it.

Feel free to check out our emerging technology blog: http://www.101webtech.com/web_news

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

Ho 101phil,

All I can tell you is that my 159 scrapes its under tray often.
I have never looked at a 159 and thought, "It doesn't look right.  Should be lower".
In my opinion, if you are thinking of lowering the car, consider a combination of performance springs and shockers.
Perhaps something from Autodelta in the UK.

Cheers,

Marco
Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).

Doug Gould

I'm thinking about the same for my 159. Should have bought the Ti. When I get to it, I'll call Barry Brooks at Topperformance (Koni).

Doug
08 159 JTS
07 Brera
85 GTV6
72 Montreal
65 2600 Sprint
60 VW Beetle

shiny_car

i would recommend Eibach (Pro Kit) springs. these are available for all models of 159, and are top quality. i've used them on several cars (incl 156/155/GT).

i have seen pics of 159s with these. they claim to offer a -30mm drop compared with standard, but i wouldn't say the car ends up lower than the Ti (which is claimed as -20mm). wouldn't surprise me if the Ti has Eibach springs rebadged.

better shocks would be ideal, but if the car has travelled under 60K km's, they will cope ok. springs like Eibach are designed to work with standard shocks, but you will certainly have a bigger improvement with something better (if you want a sporty ride).

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

101phil

Excellent thanks for the advice. The car has only done just 3000kms so if I can use the standard shocks that would be ideal. See how it rides and replace shocks if I need to.
Black 159 2.2 - Our first Alfa and loving it.

Feel free to check out our emerging technology blog: http://www.101webtech.com/web_news