VHRR Phillip Island Classic 2007 - March 9,10,11

Started by Scott Farquharson, October 20, 2006, 10:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Farquharson

It now looks like the debut for the first AROCA Group S Challenge cars will be the VHRR Phillip Island Classic held on 9/10/11 March 2007.

This is the biggest Historic Meeting in the country and attracts huge fields.

Group S will now run in one combined Group Sa,  Sb, Sc race at the Phillip Island Classic with 54 entries being accepted on a "first in" basis.   This means if you want to run at Phillip Island you will need to get your entry in early.  It will be an absolute cracker of an event.

Sup Regs for the event can be obtained from the VHRR website www.vhrr.com

See you there!
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

alfagtv58

I must admit, I am a little worried about my car being finished.....time is slipping away far too quick for my liking.  I want to enter so i dont miss out, but not much point if i dont have a car to run!!

Does anyone know how much time it will take to get the car log booked after it is ready for eligibility officers to inspect etc????
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Scott Farquharson

We should get your paperwork started now - I have started mine - you need to have the paper work lodged with CAMS 6 weeks prior to the event.

This includes:

Application for Historic Classification
Log Book application

All these forms are in the Alfa Group S part of the web site.

You should also make contact with the Group S eligibility officer very soon to get the ball rolling - in Vic it is John Caffin T 03 9744 1807 - F 03 9740 5769

Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Scott Farquharson

Spoke to Paul Newby today who said there will be a contingent from NSW for Phillip Island - so lets make sure we have at least a couple of Vic cars on the grid - Get stuck into it boys (and girls)!!
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Paul Newby

Thanks Scott. Yes, its early days and group S (a,b & c) is limited to a maximum of 54 cars. I would think there would be at least 6 Group S Alfas from NSW, split evently between 105 and Alfettas.

At the MG Racing event at Wakefield Park held last weekend there were 4 Group S Alfettas, 3 Group S 105s, three Group N 105s, three Regularity Alfas (2 105s and an Alfetta) plus a couple of Alfetta sedans, an Alfasud and a GTV6.

One of the Regularity 105s is in the process of being logged Group S  and on the Alfetta sedan boys, one has a GTV shell to convert to Group S and the other is looking for a shell.

The word is out. Our cars can't become obsolete (like in Improved Production or Production Sportscars.) However we do have to contend with lightweight MGBs with megadollar engines. Don't be surprised if you see an MGB crack 2.00 at the Island next year. You heard it here first.... :)
1974 2000 GT Veloce (Le Mans Blue) - Restoration project
1975 Alfetta GT (Periwinkle Blue Metallic) - Group S racer - Sold!
2009 147 Monza 3Dr (Kyalami Black) - Don't ask!
2010 VW Passat R36 Wagon (Biscay Blue) - Daily Driver
2015 VW Golf GTI Performance (Night Blue) - Wife's Runabout

alfagtv58

That's an awesome effort from the NSW guys.  Compare that to the entry list for Historic Sandown in a couple of weeks and there is one GTV entered in Regularity (Club member Colin Goundry) and of course the one and only Mr. Prowse in his magnificent Alfa-Ricciardi Spyder.

Let's hope we can turn that around by this time next year and have similar numbers of Alfisti running around in one of our states premier historic events.  I know I will be there!!
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti