Adjustable Camber Arm

Started by Colin Byrne, October 20, 2006, 08:13:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin Byrne

Does anyone know it Alfa made an adjustable camber arm for the 105's as a factory option?  I've had a few people tell me they did but I can't find any evidence
72' 105 2000 GTV Red (tarmac rally/race car)
74' 105 2000 GTV Blue (road car)
68' 105 1600 Giulia Super White (Not sure yet)
01' Nissan Pathfinder (Tow car/Alfa support vehicle)

branko.gt

they did,
more to the point, CAMS car specification sheet for 1750 GTV, for S group, lists adjustable upper arms as standard equipment.

If various sources are to be trusted ( i was not there at the time so have to rely on second hand information) you could get any Autodelta part as an option on your car.
I do not believe there was a list of standard model-options like you have today.

Now, the other question is how to find written evidence of that "folklore" is another question that i cannot help you with.

vin sharp

Hi Colin,
The optional adjustable arm for 105s is part #10532210 2600 & 2700 right and left, respectively, as shown is the original 1600 105 series parts book.
I can supply you the kit to make your arms adjustable, or complete  arms.
Cheers, Vin.

Colin Byrne

Thanks for the info, that's great news. I've already got a set you your adjustable arm's Vin, but I can only run them in Targa if they where an original factory option.  And I needed a way to prove it if they questioned it so those part no. should do nicely
Thanks again
72' 105 2000 GTV Red (tarmac rally/race car)
74' 105 2000 GTV Blue (road car)
68' 105 1600 Giulia Super White (Not sure yet)
01' Nissan Pathfinder (Tow car/Alfa support vehicle)

Colin Connaughton

....just so you know... the "Giulia Sprint GT/Giulia Sprint GTV/Giulia Sprint GTA/Giulia GTC" parts catalogue on the Cardisc CD shows part numbers 105.32.21.026.00 and 105.32.21.027.00 as parts "optional for GTA" only - the numbers listed as standard for all Giulia Sprints are 105.00.21.026.01 and 105.00.21.027.01, which are shown as non-adjustable.
Not sure what this all means, as the diagrams don't show a picture of the optional arm, which presumably is the adjustable one. Good luck with the scrutineers....

branko.gt

Quote from: Colin Connaughton on December 19, 2006, 08:23:24 PM
....just so you know... the "Giulia Sprint GT/Giulia Sprint GTV/Giulia Sprint GTA/Giulia GTC" parts catalogue on the Cardisc CD shows part numbers 105.32.21.026.00 and 105.32.21.027.00 as parts "optional for GTA" only - the numbers listed as standard for all Giulia Sprints are 105.00.21.026.01 and 105.00.21.027.01, which are shown as non-adjustable.
Not sure what this all means, as the diagrams don't show a picture of the optional arm, which presumably is the adjustable one. Good luck with the scrutineers....
Have a look at the CAMS published specification sheet for 1750 GTV. They list it as standard equipment! Everything else, including the actual historical facts, is irrelevant for Group S eligibility!

Colin Connaughton

Quote from: Branko Turk on December 20, 2006, 11:56:30 AM
Have a look at the CAMS published specification sheet for 1750 GTV. They list it as standard equipment! Everything else, including the actual historical facts, is irrelevant for Group S eligibility!
[/quote]
Thanks Branko - didn't realise Colin was running a 1750, as Vin's post refers to the 1600 GTV parts list. BTW, would you know how I can get a copy of the Group S specification sheet for the 1600?

branko.gt

Quote from: Colin Connaughton on December 20, 2006, 12:12:06 PM
Quote from: Branko Turk on December 20, 2006, 11:56:30 AM
Thanks Branko - didn't realise Colin was running a 1750, as Vin's post refers to the 1600 GTV parts list. BTW, would you know how I can get a copy of the Group S specification sheet for the 1600?
[/quote]

OK, this is getting confusing and I may have helped create the confusion.
Col is not running in group S, and he is not running 1750, he is running 2000 GTV in Targa Tasmania and they have different rules again. For instance he does not need to have roof lining and in group S you need to have it. My comment about adjustable camber arms was to point that if in one place CAMS refers to it as standard equipment that can be used as a leverage to use it as a standard equipment elsewhere, particularly when you consider that CAMS historic commission is quite conservative when it comes to Alfas.

To get Group S spec sheet for 1600 GTV (that would be Giulia Sprint or Giulia GTVeloce) you need to ring CAMS and ask for the Historic Department. Ask them to mail you all the relevant information and be specific when you ask for the model specification sheet.
Once you get it please scan it and make it available in Group S section of this forum.

Colin Connaughton

... thanks Branko - will do ...

vin sharp

As I've said before, where CAMS regs hand you a specification that is to your advantage, but a bit 'grey area', adhere to it strictly and quietly.....
Vin.