159 Pre-purchase questions

Started by 101phil, June 17, 2009, 11:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

101phil

Hi all,

Just about to buy a 09 2.2JTS 159 Im hoping to be speaking with the dealer tommorow.

When we first talked about a month ago, he mentioned bluetooth had been stripped out as standard equipment but is optional, but other stuff on the net I read says that it is standard. Is this a difference between Aust. delivered and Euro delivered?

Is this an option that I need to tick?
Im also interested to know if this hooks into my iPhone so I can also play music through the stereo or is it only for handsfree calling...

Im also thinking about the Black with Tan interior does any one have an pics of what this looks like in the flesh?

Are the memory seats worth adding in?

Cheers all - hope to be answering questions like this once I get more acquainted with the car

Black 159 2.2 - Our first Alfa and loving it.

Feel free to check out our emerging technology blog: http://www.101webtech.com/web_news

pubco

Hi 101phil

You will need to buy a car with the options added at manufacture as you can't add them in later
good luck with the purchase

alfisti2

my 2.2 has been an absolute gem...
without doubt best built alfa yet.
good luck with your purchase.  8)
my heart says alfa romeo. my head say alfa romeo.                           
             I WANT MY GTA MITO NOW!

101phil

thanks I will let you know how I go with it.

Feel free to check out our emerging technology blog: http://www.101webtech.com/web_news

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

Hi 101phil,

The 2.2l 159Ti could be a good option to consider.
- Sports, heated seats with memory.  They are very good.
- Blue&Me was standard in 2008.  Excellent for hands-free mobile calls.  OK for MP3.  You can load a USB stick with your toons.  Not particularly iPod friendly (it's a Microsoft product after all).
- Great looking wheels.
- The interior is black, not tan.  However this works well with the red stitching and 'mood' lighting.  A sunroof is a good option, though there is some wind noise (when its closed).

The Ti is a 159 in lingerie.

You can download a brochure here.
http://www.alfaromeo.com.au/media/pdfs/159ti_Brochure.pdf

Cheers,
Marco.
Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).

Standards Advocate

Hi 101phil,

I am probably too late to make suggestions as you have probably purchased your vehicle.

Have a few thinks contractually ironed out before you buy the car, and if you do you should be pleased with the purchase well beyond the first few months....

1/ Why does the warranty only cover sqeaks and rattles for the first 3000kms? Get it in writting that they will support this beyond the first 3000kms. From my experience you will need it.

2/ Check that the dealer commits to you that they will adress the double starting problem.

3/ There also seems to be an issue with excess consumption of oil (burnt not leaked), but I haven't seen this problem - yet.

Do a search on the internet for these issues and you will see plenty of reference to them. I wish I had.

Finally good luck, and yes, they are a damn fine looking car.

101phil

Hey thanks for the advice. Will take that on board for sure.

Haven't purchased yet as the dealer was waiting to here from Alfa regarding what stock they had in.. Even cleaned up the trade and took it out there to talk the deal... Anyways

I wanted Black with Tan. Unfortunatly there is a Black with Black or Red with Tan and Sunroof available.

Not sure which one to choose there. The demo we drove was red with tan and looked nice.. But the black looked hot just not so sure about the black leather may be too dark...

Joe Garra

go dark - that's what air conditioning is for!
Now: 164Q
        Giulietta QV
Before : 75
            33 16V
            Sud Ti
            99 Spider
            156 Wagon
            159 Wagon

NigelC

I have Rubino Red with tan leather and a sunroof and it's spectacular.
Current 2017 Giulia Veloce - Red
Current 1979 Alfa GTV - Ivory (Gp S racer)
Past 2007 Alfa 159 2.2 JTS Rubino Red
Past 2003 Alfa 156 2.0 JTS Red
Past 1979 Alfa GTV Red/Rust

shane wescott

When i had a gtv in 99 I had some customer leather work done by Garry Blackman www.garryblackmantrimming.com  - yellow inserts in the black leather seats - really looked the biz.

Not that expensive either and just makes your car a little unique. They can even embroider the logo onto the new inserts.

I would go with the black. I love seeing the black ones on the road as they even look mean standing still.

Catch ya

Shane
Current Cars:

No Alfa's :-(

Previous Cars:
1991 White 164
86 White GTV6 Zender Body Kit
90 Red 75 TS
98 Blue GTV 2.0
85 Red 33 1.5 TI
85 Red 33 1.7 Carby
83 Silver 33 1.5 GCL
70 Blue Berlina 1750
70 White Berlina 1750

70 White Berlina 1750 (my first)

Current Bikes:

2002 Yellow Ducati ST2 944

101phil

I bought it.. hopefully pick up the new beast today..

Black with black interior...

Can't wait to drive it home

Joe Garra

Now: 164Q
        Giulietta QV
Before : 75
            33 16V
            Sud Ti
            99 Spider
            156 Wagon
            159 Wagon

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).

shiny_car

awesome. congrats.  8)

which model did you decide on?

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

101phil

Quote from: shiny_car on June 29, 2009, 02:31:45 PM
awesome. congrats.  8)

which model did you decide on?

:)

I picked up a 2.2..

What a car I was cruising around all day yesterday and didn't get sick of driving.

Will post some pics soon