camber and toe out

Started by alfa duk, June 09, 2009, 08:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfa duk

Anyone got any advise on amount of toe out required for a v6 track car. Had 2 degrees camber but was chewing the outside of the tyre and have decided to go to 3 degrees. running 32 mm bars. regards Duk
85 gtv6 dead, cant let go
84 gtv6 24 valve VRA spec
84 gtv6 andalusia
80 gtv group s

dehne

im running neg 5 on the front and will have neg 2 on back
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

alfagtv152

Hi Duk,
I have to agree with Dehne,I am running 5 front and 2 rear(negative camber) with 6 degrees posative castor and a couple of millimeters toe out at the front and pretty much zero toe at the rear.What size anti roll bars are you running front/rear?,have any roll centre changes been made front or rear?.
Cheers
Andrew
SEE YOUR BACKSIDE TRACKSIDE.White 156 TI JTS,Silly Speed.

alfa duk

Thanks guys for the response, sorry about my delay. I have 2 degrees rear  and 2mm toe with adjustable 24mm bar on med setting. Front is 24mm bar with 32m torsions. How nervous is the steering at high speed with 5 degrees and how much is the braking compromised? thanks in advance, duk
85 gtv6 dead, cant let go
84 gtv6 24 valve VRA spec
84 gtv6 andalusia
80 gtv group s

alfagtv152

Hi Duk,
I have not experienced any nervousness at speed and the braking is not compromised on my car.Depending on how much your suspension compresses under brakes your wheels straighten up as it compresses.I have 28mm torsion bars and a 22mm sway bar.I used to run an 18mm sway bar at the front but with weight reduction at the rear it started to get loose so I had to stiffen the front a little to stop the oversteer,its all about compromise!.
Cheers
Andrew
SEE YOUR BACKSIDE TRACKSIDE.White 156 TI JTS,Silly Speed.