The mighty 105 at Sandown

Started by Stuart Thomson, June 06, 2009, 12:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuart Thomson

Hi all,

Just a couple of laps of Sandown, 172 kmh down the back straight, woo hoo!!!!

http://vimeo.com/5015683

Cheers
Stuart

jimnielsen

Very smooth work Stuart! Love the soomthness of the video as well - can you outline how it was captured (and on what) and how you rendered it?  cheers, jim ~
'95 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
'90 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7 IE - my god! I can compete in Trofeo class!! -

Mile Jurcic

Hey mate, good driving and great footage. Agree with Jim the smoothness of the video is exceptional. Also the camera view equally as impressive. Feels like your stting on the front of your grille.
Regards
Mile

shane wescott

very cool video, great sound and great to see you passing all those others :-)
Current Cars:

No Alfa's :-(

Previous Cars:
1991 White 164
86 White GTV6 Zender Body Kit
90 Red 75 TS
98 Blue GTV 2.0
85 Red 33 1.5 TI
85 Red 33 1.7 Carby
83 Silver 33 1.5 GCL
70 Blue Berlina 1750
70 White Berlina 1750

70 White Berlina 1750 (my first)

Current Bikes:

2002 Yellow Ducati ST2 944

Stuart Thomson

Quote from: jimnielsen on June 06, 2009, 07:18:18 AM
Very smooth work Stuart! Love the soomthness of the video as well - can you outline how it was captured (and on what) and how you rendered it?  cheers, jim ~

Sorry Jim, trade secret...

Camera is http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/otek-high-definition-video-camera/, which retails at $199, but every now and again they drop the price to $149.  Records to SD card, get them cheap from any number of places.

The video was captured by pressing the record button, then going driving, then pressing the stop button.

Dumped from video card to MacPro at home, it's native HD, so it's 720P.

Used Trackvision 2.1 (see, when I said I needed your serial to evaluate it, I wasn't telling porkies) to overlay the data.  My GPS reception is buggered atm, so the trackmap and timing had to be scrapped, time for a new GPS antenna.

Then used h.264 encoding (the same as it comes in) at the lowest setting for output to vimeo.

Voila.

Cheers
Stuart

Evan Bottcher

172kmh!!!!  Show-off  8)

Nice video - I'm still fricking about with TrackVision to get proper quality output (especially for DVD) - seems to not like the capture from my Canon DV cam.  I should also try out vimeo also - a lot of good stuff seems to be moving there.

What's wrong with your GPS?  And how do you get accurate km/h without the GPS?  Have you got a wheel sensor?
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal