freebie!

Started by Mat Francis, May 22, 2009, 06:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat Francis

Well i'm not too hopeful that there will be huge interest in this one, but it's definitely worth a try.

We have an alfetta which we have been dismantling slowly for bits as we need them, but it is taking up too much space to stay forever.

basically it is just bare shell now, we have taken most bits off. The sad thing is it is almost as rust free alfetta as i have seen. Much tidier than what we started with in our "track car" project.
It would be a waste to see it go to the crusher, but at this stage there probably isn't much hope for it.

I would love to see it go somewhere that might have a use for it- maybe a long term resto (anyone else game enough to restore a sedan?), maybe a future race car build, etc. 

If anyone is serious about a resto we can probably provide a few little bits and pieces to help out, but it won't have many mechanicals.

Plenty of pictures if anyone's interested.

Someone help!
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Sam

Hi, I may be interested; I have a lot of rust around the rear window and adjacent roof area.
I was thinking of fabricating the sections but it would take forever, what condition is that area on your car?
Could I come over and have a look at it or can you send me some pics of the car?
Sam

Mat Francis

Hi Sam,

Area under the rear screen isn't the best i have seen, but it is far from the worst. The driver's side would need re making, hard to tell with the passenger's side because of the bog. Looks to me like it is probably savable though. no rust that i have seen around the roof of it.

Here's some pictures, but you're welcome to come look at it anytime you like.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

enzo1891

i am intersted i have owned an alfetta before well actually 5 and i thick they are a very under rated car where aouts are you located.

Mat Francis

Hey mate, i am in Kilsyth, about 10 minutes from ringwood.

You're very right they are under rated! fantastic cars to drive, and nobody wants them = very very cheap fun. and so simple!

Until a few weeks ago we had 5- at the same time. This is the forth one, just don't have time for it unfortunately.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Domenic

Hey Mat,

Do you have the pedal box still available with the clutch/brake pedal and master cylinder??

enzo1891

whats your contact phone number so we can arrange to check out the sell.

Mat Francis

G'day, i do have the pedal box and that, but not prepared to separate it from the car at this stage sorry
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

enzo1891

hi mat have nt forgotten about you i m trying to get around to cleaning up the garage so i can pick up the shell as you can imagine it is full and i need to getrid of a lancia that belongs to some one else so have the room for the shell.

Mat Francis

no worries at all, i know only too well how that goes. It's not going anywhere, let me know when suits you. Here's some more pictures in the mean time.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Domenic

Hey Mat,

Where you located?

Can i come and pull out the pedal box myself??

Mat Francis

When i said i'm not prepared to do it, i meant that it's staying with the car while it still looks like it's going whole.

If no one is going to take the car and i'm going to wreck it or whatever later down the track, then i'll reconsider.

For now though i plan on doing everything possible to make a restoration easier, not harder and more expensive.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Mat Francis

Still want the car Vince? Dad's on my back about making progress with it, threatening to start cutting bits out of it to weld into other alfettas soon.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

enzo1891

i know what you mean i am stuck with this lancia in the garage and unless it goes i am stuck with it the guy owes me money and is stalling. if you wanna cut it up its ok i ll wait till the garage is free.

Mat Francis

Rather not cut it up, hence the trying to give it away. I probably care too much but i think it's too good to scrap. They'll be rare one day. Probably not soon though.

Started some work on another alfetta, so hopefully the focus on that will buy some time. Failing that, I have this other plan starting to formulate in the back of my mind for it, but i don't think it would make the folks happy.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie