Queensland Alfa Service Providers

Started by MD, May 13, 2009, 07:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gazman65

Well, I've just had a great day with Chris and Peter at CL Body works and Automotive at Bowen Hills, these guys know there stuff and are super helpful and well priced... So I just have to drive to Brisbane everytime...
Present: 2000 156 2lt TS Selespeed
Past:     2005 156 2lt TS Manual (SA)
            1982 Alfa Sud

DHDamo

Yep, I'll vouch for them (cl body works)  - haven't had work done by them, but they've sourced me some rare parts and gone out if their way to help with post/photos etc.
Now:
'84 GTV
'12 Nissan Navara D22

Then:
'83 Giulietta ('01-'06)

barts

Hey 105 Molar,

I used to use Sal Mineo in Townsville. He put a 3L in my GTV6 but that's going back nearly 10 years now. I'm not sure if he's still working. Also there was a place in Rendle street called Len Ellis motors that used to look after my 105 and 116 Alfas.

I'm not sure if either are still operating.

Dan

hammer

Hey Barts,

It was great to see (and hear) your old GTV6 flying around QR again last Saturday. It has a lovely note.

Cheers,

Brent

mfroes

gazman65,
sorry i didnt actually see this thread before. I too have a lot of trouble finding alfa service on the gold coast. as it seems no one wants to touch it because they say it is too complicated and it is due to give other problems while fixing an issue.
Have had lots of trouble with "revolution automotive" documented here on the forum:
http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,10929.msg67310.html
http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,11037.msg68010.html

thinking in giving C.L.(before your post i thought they were only a classic alfa workshop), Quattomotive(as hammer said they have selespeed diagnostics) or Automotion(which i heard has lots of experience on selespeeds) a try with the issues on my 156 Selespeed.

if any of them fixes my problem, it would be worthwhile.

Quote from: gazman65 on June 11, 2014, 07:46:56 PM
Well, I've just had a great day with Chris and Peter at CL Body works and Automotive at Bowen Hills, these guys know there stuff and are super helpful and well priced... So I just have to drive to Brisbane everytime...

Blue Daimler

Anyone got info on Alfa mechanics in the far north of Queensland I'm in innisfail one hour south of cairns.
I have a great mechanic here in innisfail but I'm not sure he is an Alfa guy, I used him on my jap runaround bunt not sure if he up with Alfas

MD

"great mechanics" work on any cars save for a factory trained dedicated Alfa mechanic who is unlikely to be available in your locality. Unless he has admitted that he doesn't know how to work on Alfas, have a little faith and give him a chance. Country mechanics can be really well rounded talented people having to service cars, trucks, tractors, motor bikes, mowers -the list is endless.

It may cost you a little more in time for the guy to get familiar with the engineering and procedure but if he is an experienced person he should get better with regular work on your car. The inconvenience of having to travel much further afield will offset the charge.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Blue Daimler

Thanks MD. I will due in early January 2015 is it worthwhile buying diagnostic tools I have a manual now so can provide that to him. I also have laptop and am willing to purchase multi scan product, but am confused between alphdiag and multiscan software.

MD

I think at this stage, it may be wise to have a frank and personal chat to your proposed mechanic and ask the hard questions like does he feel he could do your work given the necessary information ? Is the key problem a lack of diagnostic tools in his workshop? What (if any) key issues that are impediments?

If it is a lack of factory diagnostic equipment then you have to live with that and seek help elsewhere.

However, regular servicing of your vehicle to keep it running well and safe should not be reliant on diagnostics* and therefor your local mechanic could well take care of the bulk of your needs.

(*I am basing the above advice on general knowledge of "older" cars and not necessirilly on current gizmo equipped machinery so I stand to be corrected  :) )

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Blue Daimler

Hi everyone an addition to alpha service providers in Cairns I have found Sheridan Alfa. Long term Fiat and Alfa mechanic. I found out through another Alfa owner. Nice worshop all the tools and all the testing equipment.

simmi1983

Hi,

I read a previous post on this page about who does roll cages. From memory it was pretty dated- so does anyone know of anyone who currently does roll cages?
I want a good cage but dont want to pay performance shop prices as ive heard of cages being done anywhere from $1500-$7000.
I am after a full cage for my Alfa 75 thats just about ready for the track.

Also does anyone know the cams requirements as I occasionally want to put it in hillclimbs at Mt cotton , Grafton and Noosa but not sure if they have to be cams approved and log booked? Ive been along to a few events at Lakeside, ipswich and Morgan park and cages arent even required at the sprints and regularities so im not sure what I need to get.

Any feedback would be appreciated or if anyone has a bolt in cage lying around would be better!

Thanks guys,

Luke

ItalCarGuy

If you are willing to do a drive up the highway I can suggest Peter at Independent Custom Fabrications in Nambour. He has done some great Alfa, Fiat etc roll cages.

https://www.facebook.com/IndyCustomFab/?fref=ts

0 four 31 3 seven 6 568

17fitty

Actually Gympie Derek 2/12 Brisbane Rd Gympie(seems youve lost your monti location????lol)

ItalCarGuy

Quote from: 17fitty on September 15, 2016, 03:09:21 PM
Actually Gympie Derek 2/12 Brisbane Rd Gympie(seems youve lost your monti location????lol)

I think I may have lost my mind as well...

BTW I am scheming for a visit soon too!

MD

Hahaa Derek,

Getting light headed is one thing just don't lose the family jewels. They come in handy when it's up on two wheels and you need the extra bravado.  ;D

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0