6HR Regularity

Started by alfagtv152, May 11, 2009, 07:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor Lee

some more ...
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

Victor Lee

Hi Andrew,

Haven't got the car on the hoist yet ... in next few days.  Probably another donut!  (Did a donut at Malalla Six Hour in '07 as well).

It was making a "bang" from the gearbox area on every gear upchange.  I reckon something wasn't quite right in that area, and it got progressively worse as my stint went on, it put strain on the tailshaft and a donut let go.  After the car stopped, engine off and battery off, in neutral, the tailshaft was still spinning happily away turning the engine over ... I lifted my feet off the floor at that stage!

We'll see if I'm right when we put it up in the air later.
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

Ray Pignataro

Nice work Victor/ Mary. curious could Robin look any more relaxed?

Brett

Could say the same about you Ray, must send a shovel next time for you to lean on!  :D
Yes Robin does look relaxed, but who was the cheeky bugger who snuck a walkie talkie into his hand instead of a glass of red, or was it actually one of those new fandangled wine glasses that look like a walkie talkie? ;D ;D

alfagtv152

IMPORTANT NOTICE-CHANGE OF RESULTS FOR THE 6HR
SEE YOUR BACKSIDE TRACKSIDE.White 156 TI JTS,Silly Speed.

alfagtv152

Hows that,4 Alfa Teams in the top 6!!

Paul Gulliver

Victor,

Here's what you need , a one piece carbon fibre drive shaft.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/motorsports/136703-drive-shaft-safety-5.html

(go to page 5)

Here is what I have for the 3.7 24v race Milano. One-piece carbon fiber driveshaft with Scuderia Biscione front coupling. As you can see it uses Milano/GTV6 front splined section, but late Alfetta rear flange. I have Alfetta yoke and clutch cover with Alfetta slave cylinder setup on transaxle. The shift linkage is relocated from tunnel into cabin. The WRX STI guys run these kind of driveshafts also on their street cars.

1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

branko.gt

the event was a blast !

here are some numbers for the alfa teams

alfagtv152

Thanks for the spreadsheet Branko.Great stuff
Cheers
Andrew

Victor Lee

I've done some number crunching.  Firstly, apologies to Branko ... I've modified your spreadsheet! 

I've included the results for the top 6 teams ... and as Andrew has noted, 4 of them are Alfa teams!

I've added what I call the "Bonus" Factor:  Being the number of bonus laps gained less broken laps as a percentage of the laps actually driven (not including changeover laps).

Just check out JPS driver 43 Geoffery Lawerence: 49 laps driven, 25 bonus laps, and only 2 broken!  This gives a "Bonus" factor of 46.94%.  That's pretty impressive!

Scuderia's Peter Axford isn't too far behind: 51 laps driven, 28 bonus laps, 6 broken giving a "Bonus" factor of 43.14%

Victoria's best is Branko with 40 driven, 16 bonus, 3 broken; "Bonus" factor of 32.50%

This just states the obvious:  Bonus laps, bonus laps, bonus laps; and no broken laps.  Of course the above could be improved if safety car laps didn't get in the way!

By the way, have you seen driver 192?  56 laps driven, 2 bonus laps, 45 broken laps!  "Bonus" factor: negative 79.63%! ???

Ray Pignataro

Victor all well and good but we want more photos. from all that were there with a camera. With a picture we can make up a ripper yarn. The stats just dont bend themselves to the same imaginative level.

Stuart Thomson

He can post more pics after the mag's been published.  He's used too many that I'm using already...

Ray Pignataro

Its like waiting for Xmas . When does the mag come out?

alfagtv152

Hello Victor,
I think you need to re-examine your mathmatics if you are deducting one bonus lap for one broken lap as a bonus lap counts for 2x and bonus laps =0 as far as overall lap count goes,but I get the idea.
Cheers
Andrew

branko.gt

Quote from: alfagtv152 on May 23, 2009, 06:06:30 PM
Hello Victor,
I think you need to re-examine your mathmatics if you are deducting one bonus lap for one broken lap as a bonus lap counts for 2x and bonus laps =0 as far as overall lap count goes,but I get the idea.
Cheers
Andrew
your logic is correct if you count separately laps that were bonus vs broken vs even. However, Victor is counting total number of laps on the track as a starting point. If you include all laps, those that yielded bonus, those that were broken and those that were even, as a starting count, it is then correct to perform arithmetic by adding bonus laps as +1 and broken as -1. It is only a question if changeover should be used as a lap for calculating percentage, i believe it should be.