First Fuel Injection Repair

Started by shane wescott, May 09, 2009, 10:05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shane wescott

Hi People

Jumped in the GTV6 the other day deciding to take it to work. Once out on the road I noticed it was having no luck idling but once it had a few revs up it was purring.

This continued to work so decided to have a look after work and see if there was something obvious. Being an old school "carbies Rule" kind of guy, and knowing bugger all about FI, I didnt hold much hope.

I have read a few links on the FI in the GTV6 so I knew that airflow and pipes being sealed was a major point. When i popped the bonnet it was obvious that a pipe had fallen off what looks like a PCV valve. This is on the drivers side of the engine and has three pipes attached. Grabbed a screwdriver, pipe back on and idling like a bought one :-)

So question guys, I've found a good link which helps with trouble shooting, but not a relatively simple explaination of how the system works and which part does what.

I do have the CDROM manuals so maybe the option is to print the relvent sections, grab some beers and see if it makes sense

Anyone have any ideas on a simple description of the GTV6 FI system.

CAtch ya

Shane
Current Cars:

No Alfa's :-(

Previous Cars:
1991 White 164
86 White GTV6 Zender Body Kit
90 Red 75 TS
98 Blue GTV 2.0
85 Red 33 1.5 TI
85 Red 33 1.7 Carby
83 Silver 33 1.5 GCL